**NON VAG** Civic Type R

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by cocobay63, Apr 6, 2009.

1. cocobay63 Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dont give me stick for putting these up, this is now my daily runabout, 2002 Civic Type R, tis a very nice car to drive. opinions maybe welcome,:lol:

:thumbup:

2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

I'm sure it goes well, but it just looks like every other Civic I see.. [|)]

3. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea i know, but hopefully will besome changes in due course, anyone know what is the best type of oil for these ive been told that silkolene 5w-40 is the one to use, but i want get some as top-up oil if it runs low

4. WillG

WillG Forum Member

my brother's looking at buying one of these in the next few months.

I don't see many red ones though.

5. cocobay63 Forum Member

really, ive only seen 2 in the town i live in, very nice cars to drive when you rev them round to 7000 rpm, it really does go well

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

looks nice matey, only thing that bugs me about CTR, is when you compare boring 1.6 and TR, you can see where they have just stuck some extra bits onto the bottom rather than redesigning the bumpers/skirts etc which for what was a class leading car is a bit poor imo

see here

[​IMG]

and here

[​IMG]

nice motor to hammer about in though, so you have gone - audi a3 then vauxhall astra and now civic type r?? and probably lost enough on each one to buy the evo you wanted in the first place no?? :lol:

7. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

nice to drive. cant stand them though. stupid panda eyes.

8. cocobay63 Forum Member

lol, yea you got the order right, Golf GTTDI - Audi A3 - Astra SRI - now the CTR, well i like it anywayfor keeps :lol:

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

my mate has a black one with sub 30k on the clock, is nice car. He says its not the sort of car that you fall in love with though, like his previous 106 gti or say a mk2 golf.

guesse that's just the new car'ness of it all though suppose. Oddly I haven't fallen in love with my vectra - in fact haven't even washed it since the mk2 turned up!!!

10. italian job Forum Member

Cracking car,nice daily,i ran one for 18months.

11. cocobay63 Forum Member

thanks, it really surprises me even if you drive it economically its not bad, ive been getting similar milage to the astra, ! 20 lasts me about 160 miles, really is nice to know the power is there, will be honest, dont know if i will be doing to much to it, yet, the only thing i want is to get the alloys refurbished i wont be changing them as i like them, and a friend knows someone that can do the lot for 100 and i might sell the private plate, as it means nothing to me M33 EFY,

12. enc. Forum Member

nice .

13. CA121 Forum Member

i've always liked them. and i'm sure the bodyshell is different to std civics.

14. DODGER Forum Member

A pic of mine. Sold it a few months ago. :(

[​IMG]

15. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

better than an astra:thumbup: my mates got one with a fair bit of work under the bonnet, iv had a little spin in it but want him to come to a track day too see what there really like when pushed hard. Id have one if I was after a out of the box fast fwd car.

16. cocobay63 Forum Member

Thats nice mate !

17. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea iv been told that its brilliant on track, but very juicy if your using the VTEC all the time :lol: .

18. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

true bet it loves to drink on vtech, my valver got 22mpg on the track last month, thought that was pretty good.

19. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea but really, the joke of it all is... that my insurance went down but its probably because im 25 and all claim free driving and 4 years NCPB, so i paid 624 for the 10 month policy where as the astra was 750 or there abouts

20. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

my friend who has one got a 6week ban after trying to find out the top speed of his, he got to 136mph then the police car behind turned his lights on:lol: after the ban his insurance was less[:s] around 600 iirc, seem to be quite a cheap car to insure considering the speed and rep of them.