**NON VAG** Civic Type R

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by cocobay63, Apr 6, 2009.

1. nealey Forum Junkie

i drove a pretty beat up one a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, gearstick took a bit of getting used to though

2. funkbaron Forum Junkie

Girl at work had a black face-lift 54-plate Type-R before chopping it in for a new Accord. Nice build quality and went well enough when revved hard. They're a tad mundane in the looks department, other than the interior. Would be tempted as a daily driver, but aren't they in a high tax band bracket?

3. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea at first i thought this felt wierd but i really like it now, tax back i think its similar to the Astra i think same 115 for 6 months and whatever for the year, overall im pleased with it the only really let down really is the wheels the laquar and dirt, but as soon as the money is avalible i want to get them refurbed to maybe to a slightly darker colour maybe athracite i think or slightly lighter then black,

4. DODGER Forum Member

It was nice to have. It had Recaro seats and AC and only had 7000 miles on it when I got it 2 years old.

As has been said, they are nice but not a car I fell in love with. Unlike a GTM Libra :thumbup:

5. cocobay63 Forum Member

wow, ok, i really like mine, however i need to now get a scratch out the side looks like somebody keyed it [:x] but not to long tho

6. micky1 Forum Member

TTS do a lovely rotrex kit for those engines...take a look.

7. cocobay63 Forum Member

TTS ? tell me more :)

8. Admin Guest

9. cocobay63 Forum Member

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

not too bad prices either......

11. cocobay63 Forum Member

not bad money - but for a student not as yet, lol :lol:

12. carlos2616v New Member

i have seen far to many of them in ditches apparently great to drive if you know what your doing but dodgy on bumpy roads i was behind my mate in one booted it went to go round a bend and the car just went sideways rolled 8 times and ended up half a mile away in a field nasty

13. cocobay63 Forum Member

ouch, had it 2 weeks, and agree does feel abit tricky in the wet but just depends how you drive it, if you drive silly maybe you would end up in the hedges

14. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

most my mates have rolled 1.2 corsas!!! so if you want to drive like a prat on the road you will end up in trouble no matter what you drive.

mx5 in the wet is eventful..... how do you find town driving coco?? As i remember a thread on here saying that abf's etc where a nightmare in town due to no 'low down torque'... suppose you have to avoid them and take another car??

15. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea well said, if you drive silly your asking for it, town driving can be hard because its quite eager to get up and move