OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Pjuvis New Member

I want to share my first try to starting engine, never try before: Special thanks for Rubjonny for creating this tutorial, for answering in my stupid questions. I'm so excited and so happy hearning engine sound from so long time.. I need a lot off works with loom and etc.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    dodgy likes this.
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aha great :)

3. Kent Bird New Member

Hey Guys
    Just having an issue trying to get my 1.8t AGU swapped mk1 (out of 1998 audi a3 8L) to spark...I have Fuel and my throttle is whirring.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

4. rubjonny

crank sesnor always high on the list, also check the fault codes with vagcom

5. Kent Bird New Member

OK so it runs now but then immediately shuts off again
    Does not have radiator or intercooler hooked up but just thought I could ask if there is anything else I can rule out.
    Thanks

6. rubjonny

ok could be immobiliser cutting in, wont be happy without the coolant system and intercooler but id expect it can run for a little bit? see if you have any codes

7. Kent Bird New Member

Its not immobilizer because i have put the ecu in another car and it works fine.
    Have scanned for codes and only one is battery voltage low

8. rubjonny

check the permanent live to ecu pin 3 :)

9. andrei91gl New Member

Hello. I swapped a few months ago an 1.9 arl on mk3 Ce2. The car started immediately and had no problems. Unfortunately it had an accident and i had to swap the entire Ce2 with all the wiring including the engine harness. Now with the new harness it doesn t start.

The only way to start is to remove the injector 2 or injector 3 plug. It starts and runs în 3 cilinders. When i plug each of them back it doesn t start. If i remove injector 1 or 4 it doesn t start at all.
    I have changed the injectors, the injectors harness, tried also another ecu but no succes.
    What has to do with injectors 2 or 3 or both at the same time?
    Thank you!

10. rubjonny

have you scanned ecu for fault codes?

11. andrei91gl New Member

Yes. Only map sensor, egr, coolant temperature sensor and fuel temp sensor.

12. rubjonny

what do the codes say exactly? map sensor, coolant and possibly fuel temp would all affect running.

13. andrei91gl New Member

The plugs for these were disconnected.
    I managed to sort it out. The problem was the crankshaft position sensor :)

14. rubjonny

very odd failure mode for a crank sensor, but glad to hear its fixed :)

15. Javier Pérez New Member

hi i check all, and i think is my best version of the loom. I think all is ok. For ce2 golf 2 aum
    T6 brown
    1-->g1/10
    4-->+30 with fusible 15amp
    5-->g2/4
    T10 orange
    1--> Kline
    9--> Rep converter
    T10 White
    4--->clutch sensor
    T14
    5--->z1
    6--->G2/8

16. Pjuvis New Member

About clutch and brake swich.. I'm using clutch swich from passat b4. For the brake I'm using two swiches, original mk2 for brakes lights, and second for cruise brake swich (also passat b4). So if I understand correct, that for the clutch and cruise brake swiches I need connect ignition live for myself, yes?

17. rubjonny

yep thats right, ignition live to clutch and 2nd brake switch and primary brake switch wired up as before. you can tap the ecu black/red to W/4 on the fusebox instead of tapping into the original brake switch wiring if its a CE2 fusebox as you're running 2 brakes switches rather than the 4 pin mk4 version

18. Vytautas vincentas New Member

Hi guys and thank you so much for this thread. Long story short, I bought not finished project polo 6n2 with agu engine, with this thread help I manage to get it runing, it runs good but not idling on cold engine. The last thing I want to do is to make cluster working but I cant, read this thread few times but get lost on few things. My polo has similar to mk4 dashboard design. And I found few answers that may help, but cant figure it out these codes like blue/white
    T10/9 -->G1/12 and white/blue goes T10/4 -->W/1. Can someone help me and tell there to find what does this mean T10/9 G1/12 and etc. the previous ovner fck up the loom and it takes some time to figure it out. but everything is working except dash. oil pressure lamp allso is shining. Can you please guys guide me of this situation?

19. rubjonny

the 6n2 polo has a different fusebox so you'll need to use the 6n2 equivalent. for the rev counter its T10d pin 10 green/blue wire, and for VSS its the T10b black plug pin 3 blue/white wire.

oil pressure switch is on the polo black T14 pin plug in the engine bay pin 9, but this may not be on the car any more it depends on the loom builder

20. Ignas New Member

Hi rubjonny,
    Been reading this topic over and over
    Already started to do a swap, before handling a wiring, as I understand, I will need to wire in two realays? One for ecu, and one for injenctors? The motor is AGU. Secondly, I noticed that there is two temp sensors on cooling hose, the engine was from AT is it possible that one is for AT ECU and other for engine ecu?
    Thank you for you time making this thread.