Porsche 944s.........

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by SiVWW, Oct 23, 2003.

1. SiVWW Forum Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me on a few queries on 944 Turbos..... I posted it here in general as ic covers several topics, so id really appreciate if it isnt moved as i need to know a few answers quickly before i loose the chance of the car......;)

The story behind this is my Gf's Dad has a Porsche 944Turbo in red with big porsche black and chrome alloys etc, very smart and mean looking, and it put on the oil pressure light on the engine. He took it to a guy and he says something about the crankshaft and it needs a new engine. Fed up with the situation, he has offered me the motor at a very good price...

So here i go......

1. What problems associated with the crankshaft would put on an oil pressure light?

2. Does anyone know of any problems these engines ever gave, or heard of reasons for oil pressure lights to come on?

3. So i decide not to fix the engine.... Would the front brakes fit onto my MK1 that im building?

4. does anyone know of any other parts that would go across and fit/work on the Mk1?

5. I asked this before, but lost the info on the other forum... will any engines from other VAG model cars shoehorn in..... she is a 2.5 4cyl Turbo.

Any help or advice would be greatly recieved... thanks in advance :p

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

3. Dubplate Forum Member

What about nabbing the door handles and seats out of the porka.....

4. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

944's aren't nice cars IMO, even if it is cheap I'd keep your money, finish the mk1 and if you want a Porsche get a 914 aircooled badboy, now they do rule.

Alan

5. prof Forum Addict

944s are good news, and generally reliable, but very expensive when they go wrong, get it then get 800 gallons to put a 1.8t in it

6. tylerrules84 Forum Member

944's aren't bad... just heavy... the n/a ones are sh*te, a friend of mine has one, and I swear I could keep up with it easily in my Mk3... then again he's a crappy driver, but ya know. Dunno about the turbo 944's though, seem like they'd be pretty decent. I really wish VW would make something sporty in RWD.

7. jprocter Forum Member

Turbos r quick 250bhp

8. jprocter Forum Member

and handle very well.

9. jprocter Forum Member

Oh and i know of a head at a scrappy cud post.

10. MK2. Forum Member

I think 944's look sh*te

11. jprocter Forum Member

mk2 u ever driven 1 (and i mean s2 or turbo)?

12. MK2. Forum Member

Nope, just commenting on the looks. I dont get this power above all else type thing, i prefer a combination of looks and performance like a 968 turbo
    [​IMG]
    Edited by: MK2.

13. tylerrules84 Forum Member

968's are absolutely beautiful. And I think its fun to rub it in the face of random stuck-up Porsche 924/944/968 owners around here that their vehicle was orignally based on an under-powered "lowly" ;) Volkswagen engine. Which is especially fun because so few of them know it. bahahaha [:^:]

14. jprocter Forum Member

An s2 engine is nothing to do with a VW. And the car above uses most componants of the s2 and turbo. And anyway there is nothing wrong with Vws. Also in my humble opinion i think cars are mainly to drive and not 2 look at (and in this case they are amazing and will thrash most things on the road)

15. tylerrules84 Forum Member

No one said there is anything wrong with VW's and I wasn't trying to state that their late-model engines have anything to do with VW either. But, to the stuck-up Porsche drivers around here, alerting them to the fact that their line of cars (914,924,944,968) is originally tied to VW, is some kind of insult. (I believe it was a VW Bus engine in the original 914) I dunno why... i'd take it as a compliment. ;)

16. jprocter Forum Member

I dont have 1 just saying. Also why do some people change the thread to talk about something completly different?????

17. MK2. Forum Member

Alot of people share the same view hence all the scoobies and evos you see on the road

18. jprocter Forum Member

Wasnt saying i dont like the looks of cars, (i personally really like the later 944's and 968), just mean some people try and sound clever in saying oh there cra* they originate from vw's

19. tylerrules84 Forum Member

Its no secret that all Porsches originate from Volkswagen. Doesn't mean they're crap, anyone who says that on this board is likely to get jumped (heh heh heh).

20. bdnimmo Forum Member

I think they are awesome cars