quick question

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by dubsteps, Mar 3, 2012.

1. danTbone Forum Member

i cant believe all injectors would fail mechanically in one go. i would check its getting voltage first .
    then proceed to wip them out .

2. danTbone Forum Member

another thing it could be air flow meter, but would of thought plugs be wet

3. dubsteps Forum Member

yep just about to venture outside equipped with the multi meter, bit blustery today to say the least [8-}]

4. danTbone Forum Member

yeh rubbish out there , i be doing the same in mo helping a mate with steering rack and mocal oil cooler:thumbup: will have to be lots of tea and fag breaks (bad habbit )
    good luck with yours , dont forget to report back on how it went

5. dubsteps Forum Member

yeah sure thanks mate, good luck with the steering rack and cooler, i dont smoke bur energy drinks are my habbit (think I'm addicted :lol:)

catch ya later for updates and report :thumbup:

6. Stooza Forum Member

Interested to hear the results on this one :)

7. dubsteps Forum Member

right been out there in the freezing wind...I cant the electrical clip off the rail [:x] it looks like it has a metal retaining thing I tried squeezing it and prizing it off but it wont shift and I didnt want to force it...if I get a reply before dark I go back out there I'm having some lunch now and a warm up [:s]

8. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

i tend to remove the metal clip (carefully it needs to go back on) then gentle rock/pull the connector off.

9. dubsteps Forum Member

how do you remove the metal clip, does it just pull off ie pair of pliers? or do i need to unclip it with a screw driver?

10. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

if it is just the normal electrical connector like for the inner spots/dizzy etc the clip should just pull off with pliers or lever off with a flat blade screw driver, i find having to push it down to pull the connector apart with cold fingers next to impossible.

11. dubsteps Forum Member

well thats my problem...cold fingers :lol: right I'm off out for another crack at it :thumbup: cheers for your help :)

12. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

no problem good luck with it, and keep those fingers warm!

13. dubsteps Forum Member

right I'm getting a reading from the injector rail, I also followed the haynes and checked my maf and thats all working fine....[:s] My plugs are still dry as a bone even after a good 30 seconds of cranking and pumping the peddle, I dunno completely stumped now. oh and my driver is now playing up no power under load ticks over fine go to pull away it tries to die away.... :o

14. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

ecu issue due to bad earth stopping the injectors from working?
    the driver i would suggest you check all the vac lines to make sure the timing is correct.

15. dubsteps Forum Member

i'll have a clean up of all the earths tomorrow then thanks, I think the weber carb needs setting up as I've just replaced the gasket so think it was set up with an air leak [:s] ruddy garage [:x]

16. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

are right then that will be mixture, there is a screw at the front bottom of the carb for the idle mixture, you can get at it with e screw driver from the left as you stand in fron of the car, you will need to remove the airbox if you have it on there, to get at the screw. check the webber manual if you are not sure of the exact location of it, screw turns clockwise to lean the mixture and anticlockwise to richen it up, your mixture was probably to rich, get it running better then take it down your laocal garage and ask to use there CO2 meter and use the screw to bring the reading down to less than 2% and you will be sorted.

17. dubsteps Forum Member

excellent thats a big help, i seen the screw and thought about turning it..but thought better of it and thought i'd better check:) I'll do that tomorrow...then its back to the gti..but like i said i'll go over all the earths again tomorrow.

cheers bud

ian:thumbup:

18. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

no problem ian
    i have a weber on my 1.8, so simple to setup compared to the old 2E2.
    John

19. dubsteps Forum Member

i took the 2e2 off it was pants well mine was anyway [xx(] i'll let ya know how i get on :thumbup:

20. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

i did try to fix my 2E2 but i was just throwing money away as it never ran properly. putting the weber on was the best thing i have ever done!

keep us posted on your progress!