Quickest, Easiest trade to learn????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gareth83, Mar 4, 2008.

1. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Got mine through an employer ages ago.
    Very easy to do.

2. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Sod 700 for a cad course.
    Do c&g evening classes in it. I did the 2d and 3d courses in half a college year of evening classes.
    Or better yet i'll show you, i'm currently teaching cad to about 15 blokes at our place.

oh, and no-one will give you a job in cad without a subject you can apply it to, eg, electrical, components, architectural, factory layouts, system diagrams, etc.

3. johntheboy Forum Member

Autocad on its own might not get you great money as people who use it tend to have engineering related jobs, backgrounds and qualifications. Its the same as learning Solidworks or pro engineer.... your going to end up in an engineering job... hence they will want to see engineering qualifications. Only my opinion though.

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

so not worth doing then, my mate said he'd get me a job working for ARUP but I'd be at the very bottom rung

5. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Add a hnd in engineering to autocad or solidworks and you're looking at nice money if you go freelance.

6. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

how long would a hnd take though?

I'm not sure I'd like to get into engineering though, surely one would need a physics background?? Maths is a strong point of mine however

7. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Y'd think that till you do the physics and it turns out to be just more maths.

8. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

hmmmmm,

how long is a hnd? not sure it'd be worth my while though it'd probably be best for me to stick to doing QS (if I get the job) and get my masters.

I just wish someone would give me an opportunity, been looking for months now. People never get back to you, make promises etc. and to be honest I'm starting to get very frustrated.

Left my place of employment so I could do some work experience with a QS and now I just can't to find another job to get back into!

9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Drains are easy. They have to have fall on them. Simple as that.

10. Dicky Retardo Forum Member

new zealand are after linesmen! my uncle works for southen electric and was asked to move his whole family there adn he was gonna be paid twice what he is here!
    its not something you can learn tho. need to work for a energy company.

bricklaying is pretty sort after me thinks!, id imagine you can pick that up quick.

11. Joe16v Forum Member

watch out for those short courses. Apprentices take at least two years to get qualified... And their qualifications will get them further. Youre younger than a few of them so it's not too late, and employers often want someone a bit more mature that isnt going to tie themselves to a crane or fight one another.
    Plenty of people switch over, even people with PHDs are now plumbers cos of the better work...
    I'll probably do the same after the summer. Only issue is my degree may mean i fund it myself, great.