RANT 4 door GTI WTF why do it

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by altern8, Sep 16, 2007.

1. squibby Forum Member

5dr mk3 looks fine for some reason.

vw used the 5dr mk2 for the vw motorsport 16v G60

2. GTirish New Member

I used to have a 5dr Mk3 diesel. It was fine but it was passed onto me from my folks so couldn't complain really. My current Mk3 GTi is a 3 door though and I have to say I prefer em like that. Same for the Mk2 and Mk4's as well. With the Mk5 I do actually think the 5 door GTi and R32 do look pretty good.

3. Steve B Forum Junkie

i have i think its a 4 door being a saloon jetta lol, have to say that the extra doors are very useful, when doing anything that involves picking people up and moving stuff, when im in a 3 door as a passanger i always forge i have to get out to let people out, that would really annoy me if it were my car, however the 2 / 3 door do always look better and id probably have a 3 door golf if i got one but i think on the jetta the 4 doors dont look any better or worse

4. The db

The db Forum Junkie

3 door is best

5 door is purely for practicality.

I've had both, 3 doors definately better imo, and as I ban people getting in the back I dont need the extra doors. More doors = more locks and pumps to break/ more weight/ more places for rust to appear.

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

Im still not convinced they need to make a 4 door gti