Rate the last film you watched .........2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thegave, Feb 10, 2012.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Office space -

What a cast, can't believe i've never seen this before.

7 smashed-up photocopiers out of 10

2. D4LFR Forum Member

:thumbup:
    Picked this one up a couple yrs ago in blockbusters to get me the 4 for a tenner offer and turned out to be the best of the bunch

3. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Alien.
    Bought the Blu-ray set and started last night. Can't believe it was released in '79.
    8/10, still as good.

4. salsheikh Forum Member

The Debt - Jewish national hereos lying about the murder of a Nazi Doctor Evil - 5 Volkswagen Beetle's out of 10!

5. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

It's a printer, not a photocopier.

"PC Load Letter -WTF does that mean?" - Class.

I'd give it 8/10

Saw all the Millenium films recently (Girl with the dragon tattoo, played with fire, hornets nest) - the original Swedish versions:

Girl with the dragon tattoo - good whodunnit sort of movie, stands well on it's own 8/10
    Girl who played with fire - different tone to the first film, felt longer, and definitely part of a series 6/10
    Girl who kicked the hornets nest - felt complicated and also quite long 7/10

As I'd read the books I knew kinda what was going to happen, and felt the films to be quite honest to the aspects of the book they kept - a lot was cut though, which was a pity, but understandable.

Haven't decided if I want to see the 'hollywood' version of this series yet.

6. mexicorich Forum Member

Did anyone see the new Sherlock Holmes?

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Yes - I thought it was very good - better than the first one!

8. G60RCaol Forum Member

I saw it - i'd give it 7.5/10. It was entertaining, but nothing new really - pretty good though, certainly worth a watch.

9. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Drive - Ryan Gosling

I was shocked how good it was. Frankly I only added it to my Lovefilm list because they kept e-mailing me to say my list was too short.

I looked at the synopsis, watched the trailer and feared it might be in the 'Gone in 60 Seconds' (90's version) or even worse 'The Transporter' vein, it's not, it's not really a Car film at all.

I would recommend it to anyone, but it is quite gory in parts.

9.5/10

I watched Ferris Bueller again the other day - still brilliant.

10. NatsABF

NatsABF Forum Member

See I just found it weird and not enough cars for me so only 6.5/10

Loved the second Sherlock Holmes 8/10
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - very dark but good interpretation of the book 8/10
    Warhorse - 7.5/10
    Saw The Woman in Black - very frightening and creepy. Certainly made returning to an empty flat interesting last night!!! 8/10

11. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Lots of people said the same thing.

I think I liked it so much because I wasn't expecting much and/or as much as I love cars, I find Car movies crap.

12. salsheikh Forum Member

you'll love the new Fast and Furious 6 & 7 that are going to be made then. No6 is being shot partly in the UK at Southend on Sea due to the Olympics being on. It was in the Sun a few weeks back. Jason Statham is apparantly going to be in both...

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Safe House

A young CIA agent is tasked with looking after a fugitive in a safe house. But when the safe house is attacked, he finds himself on the run with his charge. Starring Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington.

Unusually set in Cape Town this action thriller is not bad. Same shaky cam bits and quick edits can make parts difficult to watch. Plenty of gun play and the obligatory car chase.

7 dirty double crosses out of 10

14. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Seriously? Probably give them a miss then.

I actually really enjoyed the first one, I kept thinking "I'm sure I've seen this before" and I had, only it had surf boards in it and it was called Point Break, after the first one though it went really downhill IMHO.

Watched 20 mins or so of 'Easy A' the other night, I might finish it, but I doubt it - 3/10 the 3 being the lovely Emma Stone, I know she' 24 in real life but it doesn't stop you feel a bit guilty 'checking her out' so I left the Mrs. to enjoy it and started watching an MTB film on my iPhone.

Attack the block. 5/10 based on the first 3/4 of it. It's not really scary, and I couldn't give a monkey's about most of the characters as they're all inner-city mugging 'gangstas'.

I've got Warrior with Tom Hardy due tomorrow, looking forward to that one.

Not a film, but I've been catching up with Whitechapel with the future Mrs. Jay of an evening on the ITV Player thing, it's really good - more drama and better characters from an ITV drama than are in most of the Hollywood **** I've watched of late.

15. andypaterson Forum Member

I've heard people raving about this film like it was the best thing since sliced bread (which was a rubbish film IMO). But after watching it i was left really underwhelmed.

It was so slow, painfully slow, laughably slow. There were times when the film was moving so slowly that I literally burst out laughing - stuff like Ryan Gosling moodily disappearing round a corner, shot in super-duper-extra slow motion, for about a minute.

I understand that this is intended, and is probably arty, or has something to do with setting the mood. but i thought it was unnecessary and basically trying too hard.

Just my 2p. :lol:

16. PeeJay Forum Junkie

This might be part of the reason I enjoyed it, I knew nothing about the film before I watched it, I heard some hype about it, but I was expecting anything.

Also with me, a lot of how much I enjoy a film is down to the mood I'm in at the time and the random way Lovefilm send stuff out. I can garantee if I'm in the mood for a brain-out action movie they'd send me Citizen Kain or something.

17. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Warrior 8.5 punches out of 10

Really enjoyed this one, the plot is a little flimsy in part, and I suspect Tom Hardy was having trouble with his Pitsberg accent because he mumbles his way through about 6 lines in the whole thing - but it's pretty bloody good.

'borrows' quite a bit from the better Rocky films.

18. andypaterson Forum Member

I hadn't really heard anything about it before watching it either, it was afterwards that I heard everyone raving about it. But i can see how it would appeal to some, it just wasn't for me :thumbup:

As for the last thing I watched:

The Mechanic - 6/10

Could have been any number of Jason Statham films. Did what it said on the tin!

The Rum Diary - 5/10

Another one of those weird Johnny Depp movies. Entertaining in parts, but on the whole a bit boring. Haven't actually finished watching it yet mind, got too bored and went to bed :p

19. salsheikh Forum Member

Source Code - 3 digits out of 10

was a bit confusing at times and the story itself isnt very good. i have got myself Lovefilm (10 for 6 months offer for online watching). kids watched cloudy with a chance of meatballs and gnomeo and juliet so cant give reviews on these.

20. Stooza Forum Member

Warrior Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are my faves in this one. A recovering alcoholic (Nolte)has two estranged sons who enter a MMA competition for their own reasons. Solid film, great fight scenes.. loved it!
    9 punches in the face out of 10!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012