'*******s' is the key word phrase here.

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by David Number 2, Oct 23, 2006.

1. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

The 2nd umm 'excursion' looks very painful!

2. David Number 2 Forum Member

hey, atleast you could say he did it in style!

im getting quotes now for a rejigging, although all say for an accurate quote they need to see it! doh.

3. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

Cost me 80 to have mine jigged including welding to the chassis legs where the bottom of the slam panel bolts to them (it was peeled back on both sides).

Did it in style :lol: It's a long story... but I was off work for seven months. Three operations later and six months of physiotherapy on my right arm and I was finally able to return to work. Couldn't pick up a pen for three months then I had to learn how to write etc from scratch!

Heyho :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  4. leontdi Forum Member

jesus that red un looks bad cant imagine if you had been in a less sturdy car what might have happened . i thought jigging was really expensive . i heard some farm girl claim her old man pulled the front end out of her mitsu colt with a chain and a massey ferguson tractor after she bent it .

5. David Number 2 Forum Member

lol any farmers around then!

6. dubst16v Forum Member

i work on a yard and the guy here straightens cars up with a fork lift and some load straps.
    not sure id take my car to him though if you know what i mean lol

7. pwoiks Forum Member

ive been posted before also. wasnt a plesant experience. it was wet on a roundabout and i lost the rear end and slid sideways into a lampost. bloody lamposts!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

clearly mine was a write off though. i know how u must feel i was gutted. truley!

8. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Ouch! Davids is nowhere near as bad as that!

9. leontdi Forum Member

hmmm the white mk2 i hope you got out ok, i dont actually want to drive a vehicle if a forklift and straps were used to staighten it do you think it has the same structural integrity as before ? he farm girl was saying how they beat it straight afterwards flatmate spanked a 3 series at the ring was convinced it would pull staight with a tree a nd a chain ......

10. David Number 2 Forum Member

hey, dam i didnt notice your post until now! Dam :( thats not nice. Yeah its not nice atall, mines still sat in a garden doing nothing, i gotta get it sorted!

daz, get it jigged!

11. David Number 2 Forum Member

hokay. minor update, finally got the jiggers round to have a gander at the car. They had a 10minute look and said theyd call me back in an hour, however its been about 9 hours and still no call....meaning theyve forgot and I wont get one today. grr.

Was good to see my car again though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now the question is, whats a justified cost to get it repaired and the parts sprayed....

Bearing in mind ill also need alloys......I dont think ill find a single wolfrace about. doh.

will tell you the quote I get when i get it!

thanks again to nealey and I.a.n.b.

12. Admin Guest

[​IMG]

Ace picture that!

13. David Number 2 Forum Member

ye, atleast something good came from it......

:p

14. nealey Forum Junkie

ian pumped the tyre up for you today and we also done this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the pics are a bit dark but it looks a bit more like a car now

15. David Number 2 Forum Member

haha, omg! how do they 'fit'? Can you see how much the wings are bent in by the clearance of the bonnet??

and the quote today guys, 700 :S So urm, not to happy. They said theyd pick it up, jig it, spray it and return it.

But then im supplying the parts seperatly, then need new wheel(s), then tracking done...then need to sort out the bent wheel and gearbox mount!

im not sure, im tempted to be honest. If I can get it to 500-550 maybe.

16. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Wow look its me on the forum!!:lol:

Its worth the money, you cant replace the car for that sort of money, at least not with one thats in as good nick.

Gearbox mount can be included from us, theres nothing wrong with the wheels, the one that went flat wasn't even the wheel that has a chunk missing from the rim!! Is was nearside front.

The bonnet only just catches the offside wing so its not even that bent!!

All the parts are ready and waiting for you, I know what I'd be doing mate.

17. David Number 2 Forum Member

right, **** it im really not one to **** around!

Ill see if i can talk the price down abit and get on with it! Cheers for your help ian.

By the way, Can we fit the oil filter thing sometime?

Oh, one more question, hows the bonnet fit against the scuttle area? Becuase like, I thought if it had a front impact, the bonnet mounts might have been damaged as I dont think all the force would of been taken at the front? if that makes sense...

18. leontdi Forum Member

nice to see its getting repaired better than breaking it for parts lookin like it half on the way to being repaired and absolutely no massey fergusons or fork lifts with chains attached to be used . lol

19. nealey Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

there you go ian there is a better one!!

The bonnet sort of fits after many attempts, we had the bonnet on and off about 6 times and its as good as we can get it at the minute. ian held the grille in place as that didnt fit, all the bits are sitting in my garage ready though including the grille which we put your lights in and gti badge on and the headlights are in the slam panel ready to go on. It looks loads better now it has a straight bonnet on

20. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Pity you can't focus the camera! Guess we'll fit the "oil filter thing" next weekend!