Scirocco...?

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by maxVeins, Jan 15, 2007.

1. wayner In Delete Queue

hey max it's wayner here. i've got an '83 scirocco gti. i know it's an old car and some people say it's ugly but i think it's a beauty! i bought it from my friend for 700 last year. it had been stood still for just over a year so i've had a few problems with her but she's running well. the only niggle i have now is a leaky boot. if you are getting a scirocco, they certainly turn some heads and can keep up with the "saxo" and likewise boy racers. all the best max:clap:

2. maxVeins Forum Member

Haha to be honest I haven't got a clue what
    i'm getting now..! There seem to be so many awesome VAG cars out there, so far I've had a mk1 golf driver, a 1.8 16v corrado and a mk3 8v gti (current) I'm just not sure what to do!

Do I go for a project car, like a scirocco and put a 16v engine in for a laugh, or similarly with a mk1 golf...?

Or a nice solid daily driver, I'm pretty into mk2 5drs at the moment but would love another corrado...?

ARGH too many VAG cars!!!

I guess if i could find a tidy anything I'd be interested... I just need to find someone who actually wants to buy a mk3 gti... [:s] ...

I only have the mk3 as a stop gap from when I wrote off the corrado (not my fault, basically got forced into the central reservation by what I would say was an extremely ****ed driver, that didn't even stop... good one...)

Want something fun (yet not too high running costs) please!

Max

3. maxVeins Forum Member

4. paul_c Forum Member

To be honest, you've hardly had the pick of the bunch, when it comes to VWs. The Mk1 Golf is a great car in GTI form, the small blocks (Driver) are merely 'adequate' rather than exciting performance, and the suspension is much softer, etc. Similarly, 1.8 Corrado is not that powerful once you have factored in its quite a heavy car. Similarly the Mk3 GTI is quite heavy too and the edge has been taken off the performance, compared to earlier or more powerful versions.

If you need a daily car and cannot afford to run 2 cars, I'd strongly advise against some kind of project car with an engine conversion, since it would be off the road for a number of days/weeks (unless you skimped on the job, or were able to gather ALL the available parts beforehand, with confidence).

5. mexicorich Forum Member

Well just remember the Scirocco is lightest ands most aerodynamic so if you are going to swap engines anyway in a project car, the Skyrocket will always be the quickest

6. maxVeins Forum Member

Oh I understand I haven't even hit the cream of VW yet, but I am only 20 and insureance is a biatch, its coming down now though, its only the last year I've been able to reallt afford anything above a 1.3..! now on 3yrs driving and 1 years NCB...

I'm trying to settle on a nice mk2 16v 5dr basically... Seems to be the sensible choice...!

Max

7. maxVeins Forum Member

Although a 16v scirocco would be extremely tempting also...

dammit...!

8. GTXTRA Paid Member Paid Member

chap called mkoneboy over on no rice selling a pretty clean mk1 golf converted to 16v if u r interested.

9. maxVeins Forum Member

yeah maybe, any links...?

10. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

It's sold now.

But talking of 16v Sciroccos, here's my 2.0 16v

[​IMG]

As mentioned before, Scirocco values have pretty much bottomed out in recent years and the minters are getting harder to find. Have a look thru the ones on ebay and you'll see a mint red GTII in Nottingham with a B.I.N. of 800.

11. maxVeins Forum Member

oh oh oh, looks like I've found a nice scirocco storm in Norwich, just need to sell my car!

Come on some one wanna give me 900 quid for a T&T mk3 gti...?! I see them go for a lot more than that!

PLEASE!

Max

12. mexicorich Forum Member

Very nice Mr Brown
    Think you should sell that to me please