smart phones which one and where from?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by drunkenalan, May 3, 2011.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

been out of the new phone game for a while as work provide a phone for work, however the work phone is very basic! a 6210i to be precise!!

advice?

2. Admin Guest

get yourself signed up to quidco and start searching for phones on mobilechecker.co.uk

3. nealey Forum Junkie

I've just got an iphone4, I love it. Ian has recently got one as well and is of the same feeling! Neither of us are touch screen phone fans but I can get on with it easily.

My mrs has a samsung galaxy S. Its quite a big phone though and I dont think the features are brilliant but the screen is really good on it. I'm not so sure what the newer galaxy ace is like though

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

a mate a work has the HTC Desire looks pretty good!

5. Bundles Forum Junkie

I got myself and Orange San Fransisco (made by ZTE and marketed as the Blade by themselves) because it was only 90, the end of the month and i'd just dropped my phone in my coffee.

Expected it to be pretty poor for the price but it's a brilliant little phone! it's like a slightly slower Iphone (only 620mhz cpu instead of 1ghz), uses the android system and just works, the touch screen is faultless (i hated touch screens before this) and very clear. My only gripe with it is that the battery life is crap when you start playing with apps etc, but otherwise fine.

Well worth checking before you splash your cash anywhere else, imo you probably dont need anything more from a phone.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  6. NatsABF

NatsABF Forum Member

Love my Samsung Galaxy S - screen is big and clear. Camera is great quality (although doesn't have a flash) and on the Android system. Phone has a lot of memory as well before you even need to think of memory card.
    Only bug bear is the small buttons for texting but think this is a common problem - the iphone textpad looks about the same size

7. alonzo Forum Member

I've been through a few phones lately and the one I've stuck with is the Motorola Defy. It's a android phone so plenty of apps available and it's also dust and waterproof (to an extent). It sends and receives emails and is linked to my email account so I get instant notification of any new mail. It's got a gorilla glass screen thats supose to be scratch proof but I've covered mine with a screen protector just incase. Has free built in sat nav that works and only costs about 250 outright. I liked it so much I got one for the wife on a 15 orage contract for 18months with 120 cash back from www.top10.com but think that deal may have expired. Friends have all got iphones or HTC Desire HD's, they both look good but are going to cost you another 200. Hope this helped.

8. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

HTC Desire, I've had it for the past 3 months, I've got to say its the best phone I've ever had. The phone is feature packed, HD Video, etc,etc.

Not a fan of the IPhone as the seem to bring a newer version out every other month, I hear the Iphone 5 is just round the corner, marketing hype at it best/worse.

9. possle Forum Member

galaxy s for me to. such a good phone. great screen. very easy to use. android market is a great feature. (obviously others with android. having played with the i phone 4 i went for this because it looks better! but there is not alot in it if any. i phone all hype imo
    i did also hear rumours that the the designer of iphone 4 gave designs to samsung after some company conflicts.

10. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I'm a proud HTC Desire owner. Best phone I've ever had.

11. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i have the HTC Desire as well cant falt it
    i have even used it as a wireless hot spot for the laptop
    keep a look out some good deals just now
    i pay 20 a mouth that 1 gig of internet use and 200 min 3000texts plus 3000min to the same network
    that was a deal throw virgin media
    i think should be 25

12. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

HTC desire is popular!!

13. Tall Paul Forum Member

+ another for Desire.

14. steved Forum Member

And another, HTC is the way forward

15. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

just been playing with an Iphone its very good!

16. whitemk2 Forum Member

I've got the HTC desire as well and cannot fault it at all. I'm currently writing this on it! The Mrs has an I phone and we're constantly bickering who has the best phone, but tbh they're just as good as each other. my only problem with an I phone is your tied to Apple where as the desire is an android and to me is more user friendly

17. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

+1 for HTC desire. I've had a play with the new galaxy. It's beats the iPhone into the floor. Full hd video capture 8.0MP camera. Newest version of Android. It's a damn good phone. Something else to consider is the new windows phone which use HTC's.

18. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

Another note worthy mention the new Windows phone is on tour. its very good the interface

19. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

iPhone as it has a good resale value

20. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

word of warning on the motorola defy, they suffer from speaker failure :(
    mine was broken brand new out of the box! only way to hear calls is to have the headphones ion or put it on speaker phone. for the few hours i had mine i loved it [:^(]

easy diy fix tho, sony K550i K550 W610 speaker fits and theres a couple guides on how to do it. once that one is fitted the sound is better and they wont go again apparently