smart phones which one and where from?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by drunkenalan, May 3, 2011.

1. alonzo Forum Member

After praising how good they where on here my speaker went too but repaired quickly and covered by a two year warranty. Would still buy another if I lost this one though.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah you're the reason i decided to look into them ya git :lol:

hopefully I'll get it back in a few days :thumbup:

3. alonzo Forum Member

Sorry! You won't regret it I'm sure. Upgrade to 2.2 Froya is available in most parts of the world and due to the UK soon so will be even better.

4. andypaterson Forum Member

Convinced a work colleague into getting an HTC Wildfire S yesterday so i'll let you know what its like.

18 per month, free phone, 500 mins, 5000 text and 500mb data. 24 month contract but seems like a bloody good deal to me (even if it is on 3)

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah no worries i was loving it while i had it! been keeping an eye on the official update page, plus lots of options for homebrew operating systems too it seems.

6. Admin Guest

which would be better to have 250mb or 500mb for a smart phone?

how much does that really equate to? seeing as I can get free wifi at home/work, so its only on the move when it'd be used.

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Ive got one. Its ****e. Utter POS. Its a bit better with a custom rom on it, but i cant wait for the iPhone 5 to be released so i can replace this garbage. And the screen is made of toffee too. I take very good care of my phones, but i have 2x deep scratches after 2 months. Had my iPhone 4 nearly 1 year and didnt get a single scratch.

8. andypaterson Forum Member

Obviously 500mb would be better, but really depends on cost.

I'm on a 500mb tarriff and i come NOWHERE near that. Ive got 3G watchdog on my Desire which tracks your non-wifi data usage. I've used 35.8MB since the 11th March, but like you im on wifi most of the time.

Saying that, my phone isnt set to auto update or push email etc. If you were to have data on all the time, constantly updating widgets, email, FB etc. then your usage would be higher.

9. Admin Guest

its 42 cheaper to be on the 250MB tariff and i get more minutes and texts on the cheaper tariff

10. andypaterson Forum Member

42 cheaper? Per month or over the contract length?

Is it possible to start on the lower data tarriff and then move up if you find yourself going over?

11. Admin Guest

over the length of the contract.

probably room to upgrade but i don't see myself using the data that much, its a nice to have rather than a need to have when there is other media available to me to look at the net.

12. joanofarc New Member

to me even new sgs2 looks damn good phone :thumbup: as per its specs but if you are looking for nice gaming experience (along with work as your basic requirement mentioned above:)) on smartphone then even atrix is considered to be best both as a business phone as well as a business phone, as per its specs mentioned, it has got tegra 2 dual core process that means it would be able provide enormous processor power to enjoy games and watching hd videos on it. Even the display screen as stated by motorola itself bout atrix being their first powerful smart phone to have qhd touchscreen :clap:.

However taking into consideration display screen size, resolution, camera, android os, new sgs2 :thumbup: is lot better than new atrix. No doubt tegra dual processor of atrix places it a rank above other smartphones but as compared to sgs2 excluding processor all other features still make it look dull. And i am really amazed to know that it lacks an advanced anroid os :o how ever it is lot better than those [xx(] iphones available in market with respect to other features like display screen, processor as well as ram and storage capacity.