storm developments?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by luminosa, Apr 20, 2007.

1. luminosa Forum Member

just woundering if anyones had their car tuned/serviced or maybe something else by storm developments in aldermaston, near reading. how did you find the service their and would you recommend it to someone?

2. aimee

aimee Forum Member

G-Man uses them a fair bit and i think he rates them pretty highly.

3. G-Man Forum Junkie

Bonjour! i'm a very regular customer :lol:

Seeing them today...basically they've done everything for my car from service, tuning to crash repair :lol:

My bro uses them too...basically service is 2nd to none! Total honest guys....i mean my bro's water pump falled on his Audi A4 cabriolet and started shredding the cambelt as the water pump moved. They took photos to show the damage and also showed all parts they replaced! They also don't mark up the price of parts at all (very very little if they do)

I'd recommend them really, as never had a problem as they're really nice guys, honest and do a very good job too! What were you looking for them to do? Speak to Miles or Andy and see what they say to what you need as they're often busy building their mental mk2's :lol:

4. golf2 Forum Member

Where are they located? And do they do engine conversions?

Tom

5. AlexB Forum Member

I use them for just about everything!

Top blokes, true enthusiasts.

Based near tadley/reading/basingstoke/newbury - RG26.

www.stormdevelopments.co.uk

Yes, they do engine conversions too!

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Yeah anything you want really. Go there and check out their 12sec mk2 golf R32 supercharged [:D]

What you looking for engine conversion wise....keeping the mk2 now ;)

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Just noticed your sig :lol:

Seem your rallye down there before (i think) [:D]

8. luminosa Forum Member

i'm not actually after their services, i'm actually going there for my work experience, as its part of my coarse at college. i went down their monday and spoke with both miles and andy both seemed very nice blokes, they were working on a car when i got there bleeding brakes on a mk3 i think. i've seen ur golf rallye (from the sig) down their btw, looks sweet. ;)

actually i need some arch work oing as it was damaged when i went down (what seemed like a trench) of a pothole, LOL bent the wishbone and pushed the wheel back into the arch which needs pulling out[:^(] . i got the wishbone and cv boot sorted just need someone to sort the bodywork.

9. luminosa Forum Member

oh yea... very nice location, just through aldermaston village (coming from the M4) lots of country roads, nice and twisty round there.

i spotted the workshop on the industrial estate when i pulled round the corner and saw loads of mk1/2/3 all lined up out side[:D]

10. G-Man Forum Junkie

For the bodywork, they'll point you in the direction of another company on that estate who are doing my bodywork at the moment.

When you doing your work experience? Yeah they've always got a nice line of mk1's and mk2's

I think it'll be great working with them and no doubt you'll be a lucky git and get a ride in both their supercharged R32 and VR6 mk2's :) if you ask andy or miles

11. timbutjack Forum Member

funny looking pothole lol [:[] [:s] :clap: :lol:

12. Admin Guest

:thumbup: from me[:D]

i think alex is tea boy number one down there:lol:

13. luminosa Forum Member

[:x] [:x] [:x] ;) ;)

14. luminosa Forum Member

its actually the monday after the stealth rolling road day. i'm there for 2 weeks.

hopefully i should get a go in the R32, bet its seriously fast.[:D] they've got some good lanes and bends round there, can open the taps a little bit.... ehhh[:D]

15. G-Man Forum Junkie

I'll have to pop in and say hi then sometime :)

Still need to ask Andy/Miles for a ride in the R32 for some brown trouser moments :lol:

16. luminosa Forum Member

ok... nice should hopefully see you down there sometime, woln't you be going to th stealth RR day then?

what car do you drive?

17. G-Man Forum Junkie

Well Storm will hopefully be finished with my car this weekend, but didn't want to sign upto the rolling road day as didn't know when i'd get my car back.

Sadly just driving my Seat Arosa TDI at the moment, as it was in an accident at the end of Jan this year. Have been looking for a mk2, but waiting till the car is back on my drive.

If I get my car back this weekend, i'll chat with funkbaron to see if there are any last minute drop outs then fancy taking the TDI to see if the lil 1.4 TDI can give me a good result :)#

You going to stealth then?

18. luminosa Forum Member

nice one.... i saw the oooooops thread, nasty littl accident you had[><] happend to a friend of mine, just driving along a country road in december, came upto a bend and went straight on into a field taking the road sign with him LOL:lol:

don't worry just turn up to the RR day quite a few ppl have dropped out including a mate of mine who hasn't told baz yet so theres definitly space for one or two more;) , i'll be going there, i'll show you my battered mk2[:^(] probably wont have time to get the arch fixed by next weekend so i'll be taking it up there as is:lol:

19. G-Man Forum Junkie

I definately want to go up as not sure what power/torque my lil beast is putting out :lol:

But if i have the car on saturday, i'll be here first thing to speak to baz if i can turn up! :)

Bit of a drive if i'm not getting on the rollers so will only really want to travel if i know i;ve got space :) But i'll be keeping a close eye on things ;)

20. luminosa Forum Member

theirs definitly space for u at the moment, but speak to baz to confirm. he hasn't been online for a while so u might have to e-mail him.

what do yah reckon ur little 1400 TDI will be putting out?:lol: