storm developments?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by luminosa, Apr 20, 2007.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Well i'd be very happy with anything over 110hp and 180lb/ft torque really ;)

But it won't get anywhere near that sadly if the weather is hot as it runs sluggish in the warm weather :lol:

I'll have to drop baz an e-mail as would be funny if my lil 1.4 TDI could bring out some impressive figures [:D]

2. luminosa Forum Member

storm is pretty damn good. miles was showing me all their projects, oh yea i saw the R32 mk2 what was it 12.7 sconds at santa pod!!:clap:

oi g-man i've sorted ur powersteering out today it was leaking from the bottom of th pump:lol: you must have hit that fence at some speed to do the damage i've seen:clap: ur hub, wishbone and trackrod have all been replaced and its been down the bodyshop on the jigs and part/respray[8(]

what exactly did you do??

3. G-Man Forum Junkie

Hi cheers for helping us out! Sorry I wasn't the chattiest when I was around, can hardly blame me as it was one of the most expensive days for that car of mine so despite getting it back, it has cost me alot! But thanks for the work you help do on my car.

I only hit the fence at 30mph, but it was the grass bank that did a lot of damage and also the actual fence post went straight into the bumper, hard to describe really.

Here's the story:

http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=114240

4. golf2 Forum Member

Sounds good! I might just pop up to have a look at their cars if they dont mind?

I cant decide whether to keep the Golf and change the engine or to buy a different car altogether. I will probably keep the Golf now tbh, cant beat em'! :lol:

5. golf2 Forum Member

Oh it'll probably be either a 9A/ABF or VR6.

Id love a 20vt but its extremely expensive if you cant do the work yourself!

6. luminosa Forum Member

steer clear of the 20vt mate, they're okay but it really depends on what your lookin for?

come down and have a look at the cars, might be able to get a ride in the R32 if your serious;) . a 9A copnversion wouldn't set you back by too much and there are many other roads you could go down.

come by sometime this week and have a chat, maybe if your goin upto the NR on wednsday, its just down the road from that junction. checkout the site

http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk/

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Nice plug! :lol:

I love the work storm have done, but not heard or seen their mk5 GTI TFSI supercharged lump running yet it.

Still the VR6'charged is enough for me! :)

Can't remember if Andy/Miles said they were coming down on weds, if they do have a word!

8. luminosa Forum Member

lol:lol: not a bad attempt

yea i think miles said he might be going on wednsday, i'll try and get em to go;) the fsi hasn't been run for 2/3 weeks now so i'll say its a good excause to take it for a run.

lol..... problem with working there is that i want an R32 conversion in me own car now [:D] but thye insurance would never let me [:^(]

9. G-Man Forum Junkie

Not suprised giving the performance of it! Never tried an insurance quote on a VR6 charged mk2, only a VR6 engine conversion.

How long you working there till?

10. golf2 Forum Member

cheers mate i will try and pop up sometime during the week if i get a chance, id love to see their supercharged beasts! Any idea how much Storm charge for a complete engine conversion from my 8v PB to one of their performance 2.0 16v engines with ported head etc..?

On the website it says the performance 2l 16v replacement engine is 2000, but doesnt say how much the actual conversion would cost.

Cheers Tom

11. aimee

aimee Forum Member

Yay! You've finally got it back! [:D] :clap:

12. G-Man Forum Junkie

:lol: yeah the 'rollerskate' is back [:D]

Tom - Best to speak to them, as I've had words with them as prices depends on what you want, what you already provide etc.....

They won't steer you into anything you don't want, but will give you an open opinion.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  13. golf2 Forum Member

Ok thanks mate, i will make some inquires when i pop up there.:thumbup:

14. oak-g60 Forum Member

i take my car up there alot the guys are spot on :clap: last time i was there they showed me their Fsi engined Rallye Fuk me ! definatly the best sounding golf ive ever heard !! pure motoring sex

15. G-Man Forum Junkie

Yours doesn't sound too bad either ;)

Seen you around Newbury before you wonder how I know :lol:

16. oak-g60 Forum Member

cool cheers mate she's a noisy B itch :thumbup: i love it :lol:

[:o)]

17. Hypermonkey Forum Member

Storm are great guys, they always get the job done extremely well and always offer advice wherever they can.

I've had all my VWs seen to buy them since they opened and will defo continue to go to them. I'm up there this weekend to get some bits done and sneak a look at the electrics in one of the Mk1s up there so I can do mine:)

Oh and congratulations to Andy for tieing the knot 2 weeks ago.....nice one chap...bet Miles looked lovely as Maid of Honor ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  18. luminosa Forum Member

'Oh and congratulations to Andy for tyeing the knot 2 weeks ago.....nice one chap...bet Miles looked lovely as Maid of Honor ;)'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: very true

may i have this dance[:$] :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. NLW73 Forum Member

i am going to pop down there for their rollers once I get the 2 litre 9a in the shetta in a few months. got some cams and ported head to go on to.

Stealth is a bit too much of a schlap just for RR tunning.

20. luminosa Forum Member

tbh the stealth rolling road is'nt very accurate it tends to be a slightly over exaggerated reading, even though theres nothing more true then a trip down to ur local strip for a few 1/4 mile runs.

the storm one still gives u a fairly good estimate and andy and miles will know what your cars doing and help you tune the lump, as i whgitnessed myself when i was down there.