Strange Encounters...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dietrich, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dietrich Forum Member

Has anyone ever had any strange encounters with the paranormal? I only ask because recently things have been... A bit strange.

Over the last couple of days (on two occasions) I'd been hearing all the doors upstairs opening and closing. When I've checked, all of the doors have been closed completely, meaning someone would have to operate the handle to open them. Might have been imagining it, but twice? Unlikely...

Then, yesterday my car wouldn't start. Instead of turning over, the windows were going, the doors were locking and unlocking, the lights were flashing, indicators going on randomly. This went on for a while, so I called my mate up. I was showing him how turning the key did nothing etc., then as soon as he turned it, it fired up like normal.

Bit odd. [:s]

Tom

2. superden Forum Addict

When I was about 16 I woke up and there was an old couple at the bottom of my bed looking at me.

They were vivid I can tell you, the old lady told the guy to leave me alone and then they vanished.

I pure sh*t myself and I dont mind admitting it.

Thing is I`ve never worked out if I was awake or in that sort of no-mans land between sleep and awake.

The thing is my house was destroyed by a bomb in WW2 and an old couple were killed in the house.

3. slythe_guy Forum Member

i have an open mind, but just look past the paranormal, and see the logical parts...

for example:
    my door was slamming shut in front of me whilst i was asleep - windows were open etc.

faulty wiring in your car etc. etc.

if you watched that derren brown seance(sp?) program you would understand what i mean

4. Claypole Forum Junkie

Just the one where your dreaming your falling but wake up as though you've fallen back onto the bed but could swear the falling was real... I CAN levitate! [xx(]

5. thegolfnut Forum Member

i was in my uncles house a few years ago,was sitting in his living room near the door(had glass panels)when i seen a figure passing the door,freaked me out but said nothing till i was in the car home then i told my dad what i'd seen,he told me i was'nt the first person to see it

freeky [:s]

6. Dietrich Forum Member

Oh yeah, I ain't ruling out normal activity...

However, I'm pretty sure I heard doors opening and closing, when they were all closed.

Re: faulty wiring... Perhaps, but I'd never had a problem before, and it's been fine ever since. [:s]

Hopefully just coincidence... Bit weird though.

Tom

7. richgit Forum Junkie

i used to do that too.

do you also dream that youre p!ssing / sh!tting yourself and wake up with all the muscles slack so youre sure you actually have done, then slide a cautious hand down just to 'check'???!?!? :lol:

[xx(]

8. slythe_guy Forum Member

i know.... i have an open mind to anything though, i'm not religious, although if i see it i'll believe it, so far, i've seen NOTHING to make me believe anything other than ordinary is the truth

9. pictonroad Forum Member

My uncle's house in Liverpool is haunted. I never believed in ghosts before but I sort of do now. Not seen it myself but over a period of thirty years about six people have seen the same figure, all independtly and most without knowing of the others experiences. All the people have said that they weren't scared and described the same gentleman/spirit/ghost.

Bit creepy, and before the jokes start, no it wasn't a scouser creeping through the window to nick the silver....

10. hayesey Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

can't say I've ever done that but I've dreamt that I trip over a paving stone or something & wake up with a jump flinging my arms out in front of me like you would if you fell over!

11. VEE

Vee Forum Member

I find it hard to accept stuff that does not have a rational explaination. eg levitation, the laws of physics say that due to gravity, this cannot happen ?

12. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Mymates mams house is haunted too.

we all used to got her on a sunday night to watch videos and pig out on chips and pizza and stuff. one night, there were footsteps heard upstairs, even though we were all downstairs. then there was a huge thud, as if somthing REALLY heavy had fell on the floor. we all sh1t it but went upstairs to check. all the doors were closed, and when I tried to open the door to the room the handle wouldn't move, it scared the sh1t out of me, as if somone else was holding the handle from the other side. we tried again later and when we went in the light was on and the was an empty water vessel on the floor that'd bee up on top of the wardrobe. it was empty, so there was no way it could have made that much noise when it hit the floor. we even tested it to try, and tried stampin on the floor too, but not even with 5 of us doing it could we make that noise again.

a fw months later my mate was in on his own, and he rang the neighbour over the rad as he was scared becasue of the footsteps upstairs again. he neighbour said "why are you ringing me then, tell your mam", 2but there's no one in?" the light upstairs was turning on and off on it's own!

13. Unknown Forum Junkie

me and a mate were stting watching tv in my old house when a
    spoon that was in the middle of the worktop behind us (open plan
    kitchen/diner) whizzed accross the kitchen. I know it was in the
    middle of the worktop as I'm a dirty bastard and it was the only
    teaspoon we had so we kept it by the kettle for fishing out tea bags.
    It might have been rodents as the pace was a bit manky....
    However rats or mice couldnt have moved the ironing board (that we
    never used of course) to the same place the spoon landed later that
    night.
    We once had a mate to stay for a bit, sleeping on the sofa. We woke
    up early one morning to find he'd driven back to Bristol from London
    at 3am after 'something' scared the logs out of him... he never said
    what or spoke to us again. :lol:

14. Jsem Forum Member

I think it was channel 4 who did an experiment at Edinburgh castle and found that there was high pitched noises filling the chambers affecting peoples sight and movements.

Visitors and workers at the castle had complained the they were being followed by ghosts and being tugged by the arm whilst walking through the chambers. Apparently the noise affected a part of the brain, which controlled their vision and movements making them feel as though it was something doing it to them, and not knowing it was actually their subconscious playing tricks on them.

15. Unknown Forum Junkie

cool! so with some tone generating equipment you can make people
    see ghosts? I'd love to be able to do that, I could wear a sheet and be
    like the bad guys in Scooby Doo who always want to scare people
    away from the abandoned mine for one reason or another...

Anyone heard of 'brown noise'?

16. Dietrich Forum Member

Sound's a pretty funky thing... Get a decent ICE install and you can get chicks wet pretty easily. I think 33Hz is the magic number. :thumbup:

Tom

17. Guests Banned

my house is haunted....well we think it is. some of my friends wouldnt stay over at my house when i was a kid and i even have one mate who still wont (he's 22)

lots of strange noises, door opening and closing. people walking around in the loft. im not to fussed as the woman that died in our house was an old lady.

of all the things that have happened the one i remember most was in the garage. me and my big sis were outside the door and you could hear someone moving tools around. you know the sound of spanners clunking in a tool box.

everytime we went in the garage you wouldnt hear a thing....when we stood outside with the door shut the noise would start....we did this for about 30mins before the noise stopped all together.

bizzarre [:s]

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

No such thing as paranormal. The human mind is very powerful.

19. Guests Banned

agreed. i learnt that when i first took an E :lol:

20. slythe_guy Forum Member

did anyone watch taht derren brown seance program on channel 4?

basically he took 8 ppl or something, and told them that they were going to contact some dead woman... did all this stuff, and "contacted this dead woman"

when it was finished he left the room, and went to get the "dead woman" who was sitting down outside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.