supercharging a VR

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by b'locks, Nov 6, 2003.

1. trendy tramp Forum Member

Who's assumed that? Stef certainly hasn't. He just stated the obvious that you're dragging up an old post that as far as everyone's concerned was wrapped-up :clap:
    Your comments imply you have a good knowledge of engines. Well Done. Give yourself a pat on the back :clap: [:s]
    tt

2. veedubber Forum Member

Thats aimed at me and exactly where have i done that though in my answer above??

I said "There opinions and answers are always worth listening to "

From answer i have read on the forums by people over the period its been here i know who i would listen to more

stef

3. Golfvr6 Forum Member

The dig was actually aimed at PhatVr6 not at you geezers. He choose to have a dig at me on one of the others sections, and having only read this thread the other day i just had to comment on his assumption that other people know f**k all.
    I am still working out who is worth listening to, as we all have something to learn.

:)

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Sometimes its best to assume people know nothing.

How far would we get if everyone assumed that everyone knew everything already?

5. trendy tramp Forum Member

Paul (PhatVR6) knows more than most on here about the VR6. He may seem very brusque at times but that's only because of the crap he has had to put-up with from some people in the past. He's the Ronseal of the CGTI forum because he does what it says on the tin i.e. what you see is what you get, no bullsh1t included. Don't take things the wrong way; he's a top bloke that we could all learn something from.
    "I am still working out who is worth listening to, as we all have something to learn."
    Amen to that. I see you're new here, I hope you enjoy your time on the forum :)
    tt

6. Golfvr6 Forum Member

Thanx, as i said we all got something to learn. So this Paul geezer is just a bit blunt then?

7. Golfvr6 Forum Member

Maybe , maybe not.
    The problem with assuming people know nothing is thats how the motor trade in general behaves. I've been amazed over the years how garages think they can treat the general public like chimps.

8. 800gallons Forum Member

its better to be blugeoned than stabbed innit?

9. trendy tramp Forum Member

LOL :lol:
    tt

10. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

so which is better 20v OE management or aftermarket management? [:D]

11. madmk4 Forum Member

Emerald definatly.

12. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

No, sorry. ALWAYS presume they know nothing....until they prove otherwise. :p [:D]

13. Golfvr6 Forum Member

Do you work in the motor trade? :p

14. damogti Forum Junkie

Here here!! :clap:

Dont forget that many others can read a thread also if it contains info on a subject that they are interested and they have little background knowledge then it gives them an opportunity to learn the basics too, even if to others it seems like the obvious is being stated.....

i'm sure you knwo what i'm trying to say....... [:$] ;)

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

No, there's not enough money in it.

16. Golfvr6 Forum Member

What do ya do then?

17. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Well ladies and gents this has been a great pleasure to read the last four pages.....NOT

It would make sence if we set up an amateur/expert type tech form as it is clear to me that there is a great divide between the current knowledge base we have available within the users on the forms.....

Many times I have been pi55ed off with the 5hite that gets posted and the real questions that get asked get lost in the drivel.....

Paul, 800G's and TT you are not the only people in this boat....

I personaly have spent much time and money trying to build the "best" (personnal defination) VR6 setup and have got part of the way there. Only through knowledge gained on these and other forums did i find the info/people that would help me along the way. Colectively I am sure we can pool our knowledge and help each other... :)

And any way it dosen't matter wether you have a SC or A turbo it how you control the engine that counts...

Power is no good with out control.....

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I'm a design engineer/draughtsman.

VR6T, your words ring so true. I've still yet to see your car since it was finished, but Wolfie said it's a right tool [:D]

19. 6LXCT New Member

Guys what is the point of bickering about "who's method is best"

20. sixpot Forum Member

Whats the point in dragging an old post up?