Supergolfs?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by daviddd, Dec 30, 2003.

1. pigbladder Forum Addict

pigbladder NEVER paid import tax..and ive never heard of anyone paying it...unless its outside of europe

and as for supergolfs..ive seen a few of his cars,they were average/poor in my opinion...in ni way were they MINT

2. daviddd Forum Member

cheers for that P, worth knowing.

3. coullstar Forum Member

You only pay import tax if the cars new I think.

4. StefanVW Forum Member

Yes people it's what I've heard too. They are treating europe as one big country now so that means you don't need to pay tax when importing stuff from europe. I think it applies to elecrical stuff too.

What's gonna cost money is you trip there (flight, hotel, transport), insurance, fuel, ferry/tunnel ticket, and the registration fee (25).

Work out the cost of the above and add it to the price you want to pay for the car and then see if you can get the same thing here for that money.

5. daviddd Forum Member

This does sound tempting though n'est pas:p :p

1991(H) VW Golf G60 Syncro Edition 1 2 door, Petrol, LHD
    Body Colour Metallic Black Mileage 75k miles
    Previous Owners 0 First Registered 1991(H)
    Price 6495 LHD/RHD LHD
    Details Very rare Edition 1 Syncro (4WD), electric Recaro interior, chromolux windows, BBS RS001 3 piece split rims, power steering, ABS, immobiliser, FVWSH, newly overhauled charger with warranty, 1 of 2 cars in the UK.
    2002 SuperGolfs | All Rights Reserved

6. chrismc Forum Junkie

Well its too expensive for starters [xx(] & I bet it wouldnt meet expectations in the flesh...

Bought a not-so-cheap set of BBS RMs' from Supergolfs which turned out to be faulty. All i can say is I hope more attention to detail is put into the charger overhauls than was shown with my wheels :thumbd:

7. daviddd Forum Member

[8(] point taken, all that glisters is not gold [:^(]

8. HELIOUS-VALVER New Member

i agree they are way over the top when it comes to prices......not very good customer service either!!

"SUPERGOONS" not "SUPERGOLFS" in my opinion!! [:[]

9. isachunt Forum Member

i got my g60 ed1,in munich 3 years ago,here is a little advice.
    1,when you purchase the car you must have the reg documents so it can be reg'd over here
    2,with an export plate you also get 14days third party insurance(its up to you to chance it on orig plates but be warned you get caught they take your new pride and joy!!)
    3,you can insure it on chassis number but as its an import most insurance cover will only be valid once you are on uk soil
    4,i had to get a british national type aproval before they would reg it(about80)

5,you have to reg it within 14days(i didnt for about 6 months then got nicked for it)
    6,also AA,Rac,Green flag will not cover your new import till u get to the uk and will not provide cover whilst out there,i found a company who do and boy im glad i did it broke down on the second leg of my trek home
    any more info needed i will gladly help you just email me.Happy hunting :)

10. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

the type approval certificate has come down now to around 58, you have get it from vw milton keynes holomogation department, i also drove a car back from munich, flew out for around 75 one way, drove it back on the owners original plates with tax and his insurance, i got stopped twice ,they asked for the documents(which where copied so i actually was made to send the no. plates back in return for the original certificate) and proof of purchase and my driving license and then got sent on my way, then i wasn`t stopped in germany where they can be a lot harder on you but i did have the german tax and insurance so they had no reason to stop me and i didnt speed excessively but i didnt know the risks at the time, i was stopped at the belguim border and the ferry port, i consider myself very lucky that the sweetest g60 in the country was`nt impounded
    total cost for me for bringing it back
    148 me and a mate flying over one way
    150 petrol
    140 on the eurostar one way(rip off )
    10 parking for the other car at stansted
    35 the mot
    160 tax
    450 insurance
    58 type approval
    25 for admin at the vehicle tax office
    5500 for the car
    Edited by: nutter4x4

11. NormanCoal Forum Member

I must have got damn lucky with my import (not a G60 tho)

Return (didnt want to take any chances) flight to Germany from Stanstead, 100
    Other costs in getting to my destination, 75
    Car - cheap
    Export plates, plus getting them made up 90 Euro
    Ferry, 60
    Fuel, not a huge amount, but it was 1400 KM's
    Stopped, nope. No-one gave a damn
    Problems with it being on German export plates since being back, none
    Still on Foreign plates at the moment, will be on english and totally legit once I have sorted the car out

I asked about the time limits on registering the car at my local DVLA office and they said there wasnt a limit.....

The garage that I bought mine from was used to exporting cars (on the East Europe, Russian border) and supplied me with everything they had, registration docs the lot. Excellent deal, was really happy with everything that they had done for me

12. daviddd Forum Member

nice one guys 'n gals (?), cheers for all that info :) If I lived a bit nearer to Supergolfs instead of 700 miles I might take a chance, but worry about not being able to take it back in case of trouble form up 'ere in't far north (of Scotland)

13. sweedish Forum Member

I bought my Oettinger the same way, its not too difficult its just at the offices (where you have to get the registration docs done and where you get your export insurance and export plates)they often do not speak english and without a German speaker you might get stuck. You dont pay any tax when bringing the car back, best advise is find a seller who speaks english and who will help you to register the car in your name!

14. G60Ed1 New Member

I've recently bought an Edition 1 G60 off them. It's in immaculate nick with 84K and a wad of service history. I looked into going to Germany to get one myself and it's just too much hassle and cash. You end up paying what you would from them, without the warranty but with all the hassle. Just make sure they stick to time scales they give you for delivery if you decide to get one.

15. stimpy

stimpy Forum Member

Sent 'em 2 email enquiries when I was looking for mine - didn't get a reply to either. Could have 'phoned them I spose, but I have a real problem with companies who "pretend" to use the web and then only bother with phone calls [:x]

Bought privately in the end - if you're going to spend the kind of money they ask then I think it's worth expecting a bit of customer service/interest in a genuine sales enquiry ;)

16. daviddd Forum Member

tell me more G - how long did you have to wait? How much deposit did you have to pay? Is it up to ypour expectations? Do you work for Supergolfs? ;)