supersprint and forced induction on a vr6

Discussion in 'Engines' started by b'locks, Oct 30, 2003.

1. b'locks Forum Addict

i'm having a supersprint zorst and bmc forced induction kit fitted to my vr6 on Saturday [:D]

any other vr owners have this same combination of mods on theirs? i've heard the bmc kit before in a vr but don't know anyone with a supersprint exhaust...what sort of sound can i expect? :p
    Edited by: b'locks

2. Jon TDI Forum Member

Supersprint exhausts are fairly quiet. I had a full system on my Corrado G60. It had a nice quiet burble on tick over & a nice (but not too load) roar when revved. In fact the most noisy thing was the super charger howling away.

Should sound sweet with the induction kit on the VR. ;)
    Edited by: Jon TDI

3. b'locks Forum Addict

yeah i've read that they're quiet but then i've also read that they're loud :S they seem to be pretty popular tho.

4. Jeff Forum Junkie

forced induction? oh you mean ram air lol [:D]

its not really forced induction is it? I should think it'll sound a bit like Binliner's VR with the same air filter mate.

5. b'locks Forum Addict

what's forced induction then jeff? [:s]

6. MK4 GTI TURBO Forum Member

Forced induction is turbos and Superchargers, maybe your next mod?

7. Jeff Forum Junkie

turbo or supercharger ;) anything involving pushing air in instead of letting the engine suck it up. They will call the ram air kit forced induction because it is, very slightly, assuming you get some kind of forward facing inlet hooked up to it. But the effects gonna be marginal...

8. b'locks Forum Addict

aaah i see.

the idea of sticking a supercharger in it has crossed my mind, but how would that affect reliablility and fuel consumption? :o

9. Jeff Forum Junkie

you could have a turbo for not much more ;)

10. b'locks Forum Addict

:o

yeah but trouble is ,because i'm not mechanically minded i would be up sh1t creek as soon as anything went wrong with it! i need my car to be reliable :p

i'll let you be the guinea pig tho jeff, you get yours done and we'll see how you get on! ;)

11. Jeff Forum Junkie

lol, ok. you wanna contribute to my testing costs? :p

a supercharger system isnt going to be any more reliable though. If you go to VWvortex's forum and sniff about in the VR6 section you will hear about loads of problems people have had with supercharger kits.

I considered it for a while. but at the end of the day they are just as problematic, nearly as expensive and make less power! Oh and they have lag too, because of lack of space they are a centrifugal design, meaning they only produce boost at high revs, bit like a turbo then!

12. b'locks Forum Addict

had the supersprint system and bmc induction kit fitted today....O.....M......F......G!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111 111111111

it's turned into a TVR!!!!!!!!111 [8D] [!] [8D] [!] [8D] [!] [8D] [!] [8D] [!]

i recommend the combination to anyone looking to do these mods! trouble is i can't help accelerating all the time now!! :o

13. G-FORCE Forum Member

I got a Jetex Stainless cat back system with 2.5" throughout and a piperx induction kit fitted on a 2.0 8v GTI and mine sound mad too. Mine is well loud and sounds crazy so I wounder how loud yours is!!! :p

I bet you cant keep your right foot of the pedal now ! LOL

I want a VR6 [:^(]

14. AndrewF Forum Addict

how loud is the zorst then? i prefer to hear induction noise and not exhaust noise myself.

anyone heard a vr6 thats been fited with either a supercharger or turbo? i'm wondering if it spoils the sound of the engine?

15. b'locks Forum Addict

the exhaust is actually relatively quiet on it's own, it's got the perfect deep burble at idle and you can't hear it at all when you're just cruising and not actually accelerating...but when you put your foot down a bit the induction kit just roars into life and coupled with the straight-through exhaust it just sounds incredible! supersprint were recommended to me by vince at stealth and i'm well chuffed with it, it's a perfect fit too. :)

i'll get some pics up once i've cleaned it (when the weather clears up a bit - it's filthy atm)

16. b'locks Forum Addict

do it, you know you want to ;)

17. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

A Turbo'd Vr6 Sounds even better than an N/A VR6. Escially if your sat in the car and can here the turbo spinning up whne your just sat at lights [8D]

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

My engine sucking in air makes more noise than my custom 2.5" exhaust which is how i think it should be ;) .

To many cars going around with Fat exhausts and no engine noise. (nova brigade).
    Edited by: fthaimike

19. Rahul Forum Junkie

lol

20. b'locks Forum Addict

suck my c0ck! [8D]