The CorradoG60.com - Corrado G60

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Riley, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Two abs wire grommets under rear seat, air lines and sensor wires run through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where the rear air lines and sensor wires run.

[​IMG]

The rear strut side of things.

[​IMG]

Fitted the build/boxing into the boot and started wiring things up!

[​IMG]

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Test run video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqjYvAoilw
    [video=youtube;4BqjYvAoilw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqjYvAoilw[/video]

Another update, feel like I'm getting somewhere properly now!

Firstly, my digi pressure gauge now works when I hooked it up to the sender. Looks good as well! think I'll paint the bezel black though, not sure yet.

I also tightened down the rear shocks properly, refitted all the rear 1/4 panels, rear speaker shelves, door sill trims, under dash pieces and hooked up the ignition live properly from the ecu to the fuse box.

I found that the rear end was slowly sitting down when left for a while...And...Well, I found two good candidates for most...maybe all of the leak on the two rear struts.

Two lines on the right are feeding the front struts, the two on the left, feeding the rear. I've just recut them and refitted but couldn't test as my bloody battery went flat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfxQ573bTeU
    [video=youtube;RfxQ573bTeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfxQ573bTeU[/video]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  3. jedi Forum Member

Awesome work bud :thumbup:

4. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Good to see you've still got the Rado Neil, liking the direction your taking with it as well :thumbup:

5. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cheers lads:thumbup:

And just to add that I've not gone this route to be all 'scene' lol. I figured that I'll probably never sell it, and after spending too much money on coilovers in the past that just don't last, and the fact that I've never been able to get on the drive, then I may as well give this air ride business a go.

Just to be able to get on the drive will be brill, and not having to drive a mile out of the way just to get to the house (Avoiding speed bumps) [:D]

6. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

The leaks are fixed! Just a very slight one on one of the front strut feeds which I'll sort out next time I'm up there.

I've started making a mount for the touchpad controller. Here's my old set up that I made a good while ago now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I picked up a spare center console, and I just trimmed a liitle plastic around the cig lighter mount and made up a piece to go in there covering the ashtray/cig lighter area.

I'm gonna end up needing yet another VDO gauge lol. But I have a 'bit of a thing for them' anyway and I've got some new options to go in the car (when I dig them out) (VDO EGT and VDO Intake temp) Not sure what config I'll go for just yet.

[​IMG]

7. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Bit more done, Think I'm decided on this layout. Excuse the wobblyness, My compressor decided to stop working so I had no hole saw/drill. So I had to use a screwdriver to bore through the wood, and then a file!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Little bit more...I tied the e-level sensors out of the way so I can get an MOT test, then I'll fit them later. Double checked all bolts etc and also carried on with the center console a bit.

Made a little bracket on the panel and cut out a notch at the top so I can pop it out easily.

[​IMG]

Then covered. Only roughly cut in this pic!
    [​IMG]

Also picked up/fitted some new spigot rings. And then I actually drove it outside! to have a tidy up. Bloody stupidly low! I'm just happy it goes high enough really! The rear is sat on the tyres. And the front is sat on the track rods! (Goes lower again with the sebrings on) Crazy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Pretty ****ed off man. Used some low tack masking tape around all of my vdo gauge faces to protect them from chipping while refitting the air ride controller, only to have it pull the ******** black paint off when removed. I've bought all these brand new and tried my best to keep em mint :-( Anyway...

I've also misplaced a new EGT gauge, just can not find it anywhere! So to fill a gap I fitted an outside temp gauge (Top left) that I had tucked away but I don't like it as it uses a different bloody bulb type and doesn't match!

The e-level touchpad brightness with ignition on and also headlights on can be adjusted by the way.

Not sure I actually like this now I've done it :-/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks lovely with those wheels. :thumbup:

11. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cheers Richard, I want the Borbet A's back on really so I'm going to look at sorting them at some stage or maybe do something with the B's to make me like them a bit more!

12. Joe16v Forum Member

looks pure class. I like the detail, nice one

13. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

:thumbup: Thanks mate.

I've just (Nearly finished) fitting the Mk4 golf calipers on the rear.
    I went for:
    New ABS sensor
    New Handbrake cables.
    New Corrado Carriers.
    New Mk4 Golf calipers.
    New brake pads.
    New greenstuff front pads for the hell of it.
    Banjo bolts.
    Conversion stainless braided hoses with clear covers from on here.
    And some Halfords red brake caliper paint lol. Thought I'd try something different to the hammerite I've always used before.

I've done a massive/comprehensive guide on Volksdevil here too. :thumbup:

New Carriers, Calipers, Handbrake cables.
    [​IMG]

Halfords brake caliper paint, cleaner/degreaser etc.
    [​IMG]

New carrier bolts, banjo bolts etc.
    [​IMG]

Conversion hoses, from on here, very nice.
    [​IMG]

Masked up all the bits where the pads will sit on the carriers (Then copper greased the masked areas), masked bits on actual calipers. Then painted and all fitted up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The finish on the carriers was a bit rough cast unfortunately, hence a crap finish, but they will do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a pic fitted up from the guide I've done.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  14. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Not much managed today, just went around torquing up bolts etc. Fitted the new Greenstuff front pads and bled all the brakes. Clutch is super light now! I wanted to go for the pagid fast road pads again as I found them to be really good, but no longer made unfortunately!

[​IMG]

15. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Finally got the boot build back together and near enough finished after having to dismantle it all to sort other issues.

Crap pics for now...Neons, custom led boot lights, cig lighter torch all lit up, powered up and working. All lighting goes off when the boot lid closes.

Digi volt gauge and compressor compartment temp gauge both working good. Tank pressure gauge working good.

Just need to fit some perspex in the two compartments, fit my black screw head covers, and fit my Vw badge door handles on the side compartments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Whoops, forgot my silly crap video!
    [video=youtube;2KUD0-u1SEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KUD0-u1SEk[/video]

17. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Really can't wait to get it back on the road, just awaiting a door handle repair piece, then give the brakes a quick check over and off for MOT hopefully!

Pulled it out again today after popping on the brand spanker center caps, forgot to put the 'Borbet' stickers on them though! I can't wait to get some proper pics of it all cleaned up again, rather than dark iphone pics but I just can't help meself lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boot build...
    [​IMG]

18. jedi Forum Member

Awesome bud:thumbup:

19. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Thanks mate:thumbup:

Well I've driven it home/about a bit, although I've only just received the door handle repair piece for the MOT which I still need. Having issues getting into my unit for my tools though as the leccy steel shutter door has thrown a wobbler and won't let me in!

First thoughts from the little driving I've done...
    The rebound of the suspension feels just like the konigsports did when they were new, the damping feels slightly on the softer side than the konigsports were. Basically when I saw somebody once type "Riding on air is like riding on pillows from God" Well, I'd agree with that! Very nice!

So anyway, I'm still awaiting an MOT yet before I can get a proper drive and proper pics etc. In the mean time, my kids have either become very strong...Or I'm three wheelin lol. Crazy, it can lift either rear wheel off the ground!

[​IMG]

20. Ditchyboy Forum Member

awesome build mate