" The Euro Look! " - Growing Trend ?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Richard Mk2, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Lately ive been noticing the ever growing trend of the Euro look amongst the hot hatch owners.

As the majority of the wide wheel and lowered look is seen throughout VW / VAG scene, especially throughout the Golf MK1-Mk5, ive seen various other cars like Saxo's, Fiats, 106's, old Fiestas and even a Smart car going Euro!

Anyone else notcied this rise in the Euro look cars lately...

Some examples -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thread shows it all...

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/car-chat/82222-euro-cars-non-vag-2.html

Would like to see everyones opinion on this, could be interesting.

:thumbup:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. johnmk3 Forum Member

done to death but theres not really anything wrong with any of those cars

fiesta's nice

3. Richard Mk2

Very true, is has been done to death, but im seeing an increase in mainly French hothatches sporting this look.

Definately agree with you about the Fiesta. There is one near me, exactly like that, lowered with BBS's, ect. At first i thought it was a MK1 Golf [:$]

4. WillG

WillG Forum Member

makes a change to seeing saxos, corsas etc with crap bodykits on :thumbup:

I keep seeing fiestas with german style number plates though [:s]

5. theboymike Forum Junkie

At least as a whole it looks infinitely better than all the bullsh*t chav gash that usually gets heaped onto such cars.

Also like the fester - can't got wrong with a clean mk1 :thumbup:

6. Richard Mk2

Yea the one near me has german pressed plates which is odd. They do look better than your usual chavtastic bodykits and spoilers you normally see on saxos. So will we be seeing an increase in euro look shows in the future consisting of all different makes and not just vag cars.

7. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Being happening for a couple of years now, as the rest of the modified `scene` catch up with the VAG `scene`.

And it`s not just the Euro-look that they`ve tajen influence from. I saw a virtually brand new Fiesta at E38 a couple of years ago with a rusty bonnet... [8-}]

There was also a feature in Fast Car of either another new Fiesta or a Punto, that had a chequered roof, and G60 steels!

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I saw a program that interviewed the main man behind Max Power mag a fair few years ago and they asked what the next big trend will be, he just said to look at the VW scene as everyone will end up copying it, fair few euro look jap cars around now aswell.

9. 2.0 MK2 Forum Member

under bonnet cooling looks compromised on that brown punto :o

10. StuMc

That model of Punto doesn`t have a grill as standard anyway... ;)

[​IMG]

11. Richard Mk2

:o G60 steels on a ford/fiat, noooooo... whats the world coming to lol. :lol:
    Are they too scared to join over on the VAG scene with a genuine VAG car then?

The rat imo is just crazy and i cant get my head around why someone thinks rust and tatty bodywork looks good. Its just a way of ruining your car, being a classic or new.

The non-vag cars can keep the rat look :thumbup:

12. Richard Mk2

Yep, ive seen a few euro look civics around.
    Looks like he was right then, the next big trend is copying the VW scene...

[​IMG]

13. Admin Guest

Fords do that as std:lol:

14. Richard Mk2

:lol: Yea thats true -

[​IMG]

^^^ :lol: ;)

15. 2.0 MK2 Forum Member

well spotted. seems like its a known design flaw; here is one over heating in arctic conditions:

[​IMG]

16. StuMc

I think that`s more the `Drift` look, which certainly seems to have a `Euro` feel about it. :thumbup:

I do love Drift/Euro MX5s... [:D]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

So the Euro Look would seem to be defined as shiny car, all smoothed off (so full of heavy filler), too low to handle properly, deep dish wheels (sorry, I mean rims) too wide for the car, and tyres that don't fit the wheels.

What a great idea [:s]

18. magzm8

magzm8 Forum Member

Now I know its a Dusty Bin, but it really should be saved. [:s] They're getting rare now.
    I have a feeling this one may well be a project anyway, notice the sheet thats obviously just been pulled off it? I like the Volvo rear bench in the background. Its either falling over with laughter at the Dagenham Degradation or its genuinely sobbing. :lol:

19. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

The Jap stuff is known as 'JDM' (I think it stands for Japanse Domestic Market). Originally it was about fitting parts only found in Japan, be it original factory items or aftermarket items only available in Japan. The two styles are very similar though, very low, small wide wheels, no silly bodykits, etc. I like it.

20. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Much as effectivelly the Euro dub scene was being ripped to bits on Pistonheads the other week here, that Fiesta and Saxo are a real refreshing change from the plastic-clad Fast/Furious mods normally seen on the Saxos at least. Fiestas like that are usually retro or OEM builds now, and it might have the Ford purists spinning on their keyboards. Both are pretty tastefully done - nice cars tbh, and it's good to see them turning to that direction, rather than just hanging more fibreglass on the Saxos. Even if they later fit air ride, stretch tyres etc etc. Good on them!

The Jap scene... I dunno. I hold a lot of in contempt for some reason.. can't put my finger on it. Being able to name the day they copied everyone else maybe?

What's 'drift' about that MX5 btw? No huge spoilers and 'ting. Again though it isn't covered in plastic, quite subtle - bloody result!