The ultimate recaro seats

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Doddsy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Doddsy Forum Member

What if we were all loaded and had wads of cash to through around, what seats would we put in the MK2 golf?

I'm trying to locate a decent set of front seat to pop into my '86 GTI, it's a black model and so a dark set of seats with little other colouring would be best ~ I think. However I'd like to get a few opinions so if you wouldn't mind letting me in on some of your interior trim designs.

I've seen what a good set of MK2 original seats go for now - 350-500. The MK3 need a little modifying etc, it all adds up.

I'm sure there are a few who have bitten the bullet and gone for brand spanking recaro's, I like to hear which models fit best - probably one that closely resemble the original seats.

Also with regards to fitment and using the original rails. I gather you can get a mate to weld/mod the old subframe to fit on the bottom of the new recaro's or can you buy a ready made one that does just the job from somewhere - although only got rumours that recaro themselve make one.

There is a bloke in Oklahoma that makes these but as you can imagine it cost's a fortune to ship over here.

What's the answer? I've got my eye on so many different option at the minute I thought we could atleast get to the bottom of this one.

Group buy of the recaro's of choice maybe?

Let's hear it!

2. G60. Forum Member

there is a pair of brand new Recaros on ebay at the moment- may work out cheaper. You can also get recaro subframes for golfs from recaro, so no need to mod anything

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I love the classic MK2 shape Recaros, I've not seen another shape I like better. I saw a really nice set from an Alfa of some kind, had a realy nice grey/black pattern on it. I didnt want to risk it though as i had no idea if the rear bench would go in and i didnt want to find there was a problem with the bases as well :lol:

4. Matt G Forum Member

for me its either the classic recaro's (with the capri fishnet headrests, for some reason just like the idea of it- though not sure if they'll fit) or the a8 recaro's, but they a bugger to get hold of.

5. G60. Forum Member

i have these all singing and dancing old skool electric recaros in my ed1
    [​IMG]

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

the leather recaro's they use in the new VXR corsa are awesome

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

fishnet headrests ftw

8. NormanCoal Forum Member

Pretty sure they are Recaro CS, and more or less identical seats to those in the RS4 and MK5 R32. The CS is meant to be the flagship Recaro seat, in the same way that the A8 used to be, except the CS is being used in a lot more factory cars

9. scottmk1 Forum Member

The RS4 seats are much more 'bucket' like than any of the Corsa or R32 seat's I have seen, the upper part with the harness holes looks similar though.

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

not seen the RS4 or new R32, but they were very thin at the top, looked very much like a carbon type bucket (design and size wise) where as the old RS and R32 seats were quite big? They looked stunning..... was loving the whole car actually as it was black so hid it's horrendous body kit quite well, then I saw the price??? must have had extra's as it was nearly 18k? thought the book price was 15k ish :o :o

11. Doddsy Forum Member

Found your "fishnets" mate;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-FI...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Still not decided following up a few different options. Will keep you posted.

Cheers all for the feedback - long may the debat continue!

12. Matt G Forum Member

they are the sex wee them, where you get them trimmed at?

13. Matt G Forum Member

yer that be the fella's.

fishnets are deffo ftw.

ultimate have to be now: leccy old's kool recaro's with the fishnets.

14. Matt G Forum Member

G60: on a side note, did the armrest fit in ok with the recaro's, and if not is it worth the hassle?

15. Steve B Forum Junkie

digifiz dash nice! wish i could get my intirior looking that clean. i wouldnt mind some mk3 leathers in mine

16. G60. Forum Member

They have not been trimmed yet, original 80s scripted recaro cloth

17. G60. Forum Member

Perfect fit. Its a Kamei golf mk2 armrest, not one of those Chinese ebay jobbies

18. Matt G Forum Member

i like it, will have to keep an eye out.

from a golf aye? or another car?

19. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

I really liked these...

[​IMG]

fitted in this.....

[​IMG]

20. G60. Forum Member

Matt G, they were a seat that Recaro sold. So thay can be found in various cars depending on what they were fitted in once bought. I have seen a few old sl mercs that had them as an optional extra.
    Got mine from ebay