To all of you with Spacers...

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by richgit, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Supercharged Forum Member

MetalNerds wheel locator tool is the simple fix - been using one for years

2. paul_c Forum Member

Is it a threaded rod or similar? I think I've probably subconciously seen one and made my suggestion.

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Something very similar but better in every alfa romeo wheel change kit.:thumbup:

4. paul_c Forum Member

Whatever it is, make sure you keep it in the car - in case you have a puncture!

5. Supercharged Forum Member

Here you go - bottom of the page... (M12 for 4 stud and M14 for 5 )

http://www.metalnerd.com/cat08.htm

If you don't have spacers it's still useful - especially for multifit wheels

Nordoff - whats the alfa one like? Fit VW's?

6. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Some good ideas here... I have 6mm spacers on the rear at the moment. Currently got a set of longer bolts on order as I'm goning to fit 10mm axle spacers when the rear brakes are done.

What I normally do is hang the spacer on the rear hub with line of sight through one bore (at the 12 oclock position) Sit the wheel on the hub and then thread the first bolt in. If it doesnt go I then use a huge screwdriver to centre the spacer and try again. One you get the first bolt in it is just a case of using said screwdriver to 'clear' another bolt hole and then its plain sailing from there. Literally takes seconds but at first I was footering around for ages trying to get the 'orrid things lines up!

I will feel safer when I have my stub spacers fitted... TBH the car never sees any ragging action at the moment cause I cant afford to fix anything if it breaks! LOL

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

8. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

or if the spacer is loose on the hub why not just put 2 wheel bolts through your wheel drop the spacer over them and fit the wheel onto the car? adding the other 2 bolts later of course...

not like its going to matter which way round you do it if the things loose anyway, right?