TURBO/CHARGED VR6

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by mk3 Man, Jan 7, 2005.

1. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Not sure as we never maxed out the car on the rollers, they gave out before the car did..

I do have a bit of video which I am trying to get sorted into an mpeg which shows the car was actually spinning when we took those plots, will have a better look at the files on the demo software tonight to see what drag was plotted.

After we finished the roller session we headed on to the M42 to do the rest but we were still seeing wheel spin in 5th and trying to get enough space between traffic to do the runs in 6th was almost impossible.

The mapping still needs sorted at the top end...
    Edited by: VR6T

2. binliner Forum Member

what people are saying is sell your car and buy a VR rather than
    convert it... cars are only worth what someone will pay for them but
    if you get 4k that'll be plenty to buy yourself a VR6

3. voodooelie Forum Member

My mate has recently bought a corrado VR which was fitted with a charger... Car was stolen recovered and the charger and trim was stolen off it!

It's got LC pistons, head work, cams, etc etc Not sure of the full spec but it's idea for someone who wants to buy it and fit it with a Super charger or turbo!

PM me for details

El's

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

just wonder as yours flatlined on the dynoplot so thought the atw figure would be similar.. and its actual max readable number
    your car sounds like an absolute monstor.. Awesome. [:D] :lol:

5. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

BB here are the stats of the dyno run...

STATS

Cheers;)

6. badger5

cheers for the info..
    267bhp atw then...

did i read the dyno broke on that day?

7. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

No it was very much alive and well when I left it..

8. badger5

interesting the flat line is at differing atw figures tho.. wonder what causes that. 10bhp difference.

I've seen overrun losses be huge which flatlines the dynoplot even tho the dyno would'nt have max'd if it could plot wheels figures only.

Goes like stink tho no doubt.. Yummy.. :lol:

9. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

I think you will get a better idea if I can get this mpeg up and running, the acceleration throught the point where the dyno stops reading is mental. You can quite clearly hear the car spinning up .....

10. badger5

11. mk3 Man Forum Member

look, i am planning to sell my car, it is already going to be 4 sale in the back of the golf + mag next month!
    I already have people interesed in it! I know about conversion, i had that idea ages ago, and chose to change my mind, as a proper vw version, is as you say, better and worth more! I have had insurance quotes, and can easily afford it, and i have worked out running costs etc, i do all my own servicing and bodywork anyway, so thats no expense! I have had offers of over 5k for my car as it sits, so i belive 4k is a reasonable price to say! It has 2.5k of ICE in the back for christs sake! I dont want an argument, or a urine pulling session, all i asked was a simple question! I have driven a vr6 many times as i have already said, but i was just wondering wot i could do in the future! Im not planning on doing it like RIGHT NOW! I am gonna get a car, and get used to every day driving in it, then think about mods! Cheers for your help everyone

Rixy