Turbo upgrade 1.9tdi ahu

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by MK-III_Boy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ourkid Forum Member

A PD150 turbo(with integrated manifold) will fit if you are prepared to make a new rear engine mount as it fouls the original.Some people re-clock the turbo and relieve the mount by grinding and re-welding to retain it's integrity (i personally don't like this route).

It's a bit of a pain to make but if you have access to a welder,a bit of 10mm plate and a spare block/mount to work from then you are sorted

I used as many PD150 bit's as i could - n75,MAP sensor (you will need this to keep in range),all vacuum hoses,resovouir etc.(oh,and oil drain)

The 150 intake manifold also fits straight on,although many prefer the 130 which points the other way,giving a bit more scope for airbox location.

I was advised to go with race 520 injectors from i.d parts in the states (made by bosio).I also front mounted an intercooler and made up custom piping to suit.

THE MAIN ISSUE FOR ME NOW IS THE ECU.

Although the car ran,idled really nice with the stock ECU,as expected,it did not rev/spool up the turbo.You need the variable vane technology in the ECU,so as mentioned above,will need sockets fitted inside and someone with the knowledge to create some suitable files

This is where i have hit a brick wall as i'm struggling to successfully have my files written to a chip (so if anyone can help me,please let me know!)

I'm using a VR6 clutch assembly (direct fit),and am hoping for about 170 bhp.

Ade.

2. m1keh Forum Member

If you already have your tuned files then try simon coe at upsolute for writing files to chips.
    Im slowly getting to the stage where i can write them myself but think it will be at least a month before I'm happy to do it for other people.

3. ourkid Forum Member

4. MK-III_Boy Forum Member

whats the condition of the turbo?
    and how much?

5. MK-III_Boy Forum Member

Thanks for the info
    and thanks for the info everyone else!!
    i think ill save up abit more money and do another engine conversion,
    Mk5 or mk6 2.0TDi custom mountings, and strengthened body
    but that wont be happning in the until next year or year after [:D]
    need to clean the car up abit first with body work rust etc..!!
    thanks for you help again
    i think ill just put in the injectors and get a remap for time being!! not amzing power but only a little gain