Tyre advice needed - 195/50 R15

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by VWAlfaMan, Jun 7, 2004.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

mytyres.co.uk have links to a lot of tyre fitting places iirc. A friend of mine uses them all the time and is quite pleased with their service.

Personally, I prefer 195/45/15 tyres. Whilst you don't maintain the original rolling radius it only affects the top end and should actually result in marginally quicker acceleration.

195/45s just help to get the car that little bit lower without having to roll the arches.

2. prof Forum Addict

F1s are very grippy but not so nice once you start to slide

3. jc.. Forum Member

I got F1's from www.blackcircles.co.uk
    You pick them up from a authourised dealer and they fit them and balance them as part of the price.
    Not sure think they were 52 fitted..while ago

Can't fault the service or prices, they usually have some specials on as well

4. Golden Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

I have these, Bridgestone Potenzas. Quite expensive but they are the nuts, every time I drive hard in the wet I'm impressed with these tyres.

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Are they RE720 Golden? I've got a part worn pair in the shed, took them off as they were terrible in the wet [:s]

6. Ticalion Forum Member

I got two P5000 Drago's fitted for 90 they pretty good in the dry and in the wet. Look a bit mad with that big groove down the middle tho.

[​IMG]

7. Golden Forum Junkie

That's really wierd Gary, they are RE720's. I've found their wet weather performance to be the nuts but maybe it's the difference in our car set ups that makes the difference. Yours is pretty well sorted while mine is falling apart around my ears [:$]

I am also quite impressed with how well they strand up to track day abuse ;)

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Agree there, I did a weekend at the 'ring with them and compared to Toyos and Good-Years they stayed pretty much intact, f*cking scary in the wet under braking on the Saturday am though :(

I noticed the 'ring mini uses the RE720s though when it hasn't got some cut slicks on..