VR6 or 2.0 16v

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by mrjoshua, Jan 23, 2007.

1. e12_mat Forum Member

then what?, one thats parked :lol: :lol:

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

zomg... that was original :clap:

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I do not own a VR6. I own valvers but have driven and data logged both types of cars in modified and std trim.
    I asked you to show me a 2.0 N/A engine that can achieve the same feat as the range of desired items I listed. A VR6 limits at 6500 so I gave you a 400rpm slack for the smaller motor. If you can/or cannot name such an engine at least we can summerise what we are going on about here between the two models.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  4. scottymk2 Forum Member

Short Answer: VR6 faster. its a higher model, youd expect it to be.

Long Answer: For the extra insurance costs and fuel increase, and as a student ill stick with my 16v. If I had decent ncb and some cash id obv go for vr6 - for some, its just not practical given the only slight increase in performance. 25bhp extra for almost a litre extra displacement? not a massive gain is it.. obv thats made up in a wider band of torque, but for ragging value there cant be thaaaat much in it. the costs of servicing, insuring and fuelling a vr just dont match up to the performance gains for some of us i guess!