VW workshop software

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Matt82, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Sully114 Forum Member

Im gonna have a look for this to.

2. burkey Forum Member

What a pain in the backside this is too install.... I have installed the first set up disc using the serial number given in the installation guide. But now cannot seem to get the info from the other 3 discs I recieved to work with the elsawin program!

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

ETKA is purely a parts list for looking up part numbers, and also cross ref to what else they are fitted to etc etc, no repair info etc in.

this elsawin sounds like it could be useful, I will have to have a look for it tomorrow as I could build a a parts laptop no probs.

4. Classy6 Forum Member

How does ETOS work with ETKA?

I have ETKA, brought a copy off of ebay with ELSA - It lists prices in some foreign currency though.

Are ETKA and ETOS separate programs? I have no online connection through via ELSA or ETKA so no updates or anything either. If I bought ETOS would I have up to date pricing of parts??

5. 1.8T_mk2

1.8T_mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Does anyone know a reliable source for both ELSA and ETKA on CGTi or Ebay?

Remember using Elsa when it first came out and it was worse than cr*p! We used to go back to the books because there was either nothing on it or was all in German! [8(] :lol:

6. Classy6 Forum Member

kingjeggy12

I bought off this guy.
    Had absolutely loads of trouble trying to get it to work on two computers, the bloke is possibly the most patient, helpful guy in the world considering it was a 10 product.:thumbup:

He sells ETKA and ELSA, not ETOS..

7. 1.8T_mk2

1.8T_mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers mate :thumbup: I'll track myself down a copy. What was the reason behind why it didn't work?

8. Classy6 Forum Member

I've got no idea... If you don't install it EXACTLY how your supposed to it just doesn't work.

It was to do with the login and unlock codes of the software & probably due to the fact it was using Vista!

The chap sent me 2-3 codes, even sent me the actual key generator as well just to prove they were the right codes. Really helpful dude if you need him.