Wanted brief history of the R32

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Collie, May 28, 2007.

1. Collie Forum Junkie

Can any one tell me this. Regards Collie

2. Claypole Forum Junkie

VW ditched the only coupe they had using the VR6 engine then chucked the engine in any old tat they could to pretend they sold a sporty car? :lol:

3. Collie Forum Junkie

thanks for that...............................[:s]

4. gorilly Forum Member

hahah wicked...

5. Claypole Forum Junkie

What did you want to know?

I covered the basics. :lol:

They scrapped the Corrado because it sold like ****e because it was too expensive and they couldn't do anything with it to fit air bags and all the new saftey guff when it got a bit older.

The only "car" they had to spare was the Golf so they threw the engine into it so they could have a "sporty" VW to sell.

They are not interested in anything decent - look at the Eos who wants that slab sided poncy poser mobile?

Iroc - what a waste of time that was/is to what it could have been.

I have a Corrado VR6 myself but would LOVE to see a replacement two coupe that i wanted to own and have a VW I would save/sell a kidney for but there isn't one.

Bottom line the R32 might be the best car in the world but to anyone else you just drive a Golf.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

then I stepped in and built an R32 engined 4x4 corrado! the car vw SHOULD have built.

7. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

And then they built the Mk5 R32. Looks a bit ghey tbh.

Wheels are rubbish, wheel barrow exhausts. Nah. Round at the dealers the other day, and was looking the Mk5 GTIs up & down. I'd have one anyday.

8. lufbramatt Forum Member

what with the VW and Audi brands being so close, a "mk2 corrado" would be too close a competitor to the TT- especially the new TT which is a bit less of a hairdressers car than the old version.
    Unless they went all out raw drivers car with decent engines and minimal equipment spec for resonable money- but then it wouldnt really fit with the "current" VW brand. Its all about marketing these days- a car like that would go to either Audi or Seat- or possibly even a "baby" lambo, but that might be at risk of cheapening that marques image.
    Theyve done a few sporty things recently- like the w12 nardo concept and the w12 golf 5, but i dont think theyll ever make another car with the same values as the corrado with a VW badge on it.

9. Claypole Forum Junkie

Exactly. :)

Instead you can only buy a TT or an Eos. :lol:

10. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

agreed. the mk5 r32 looks cack. whats with all this chrome vw seem to plaster all over the new ranges? just looks cheap imo. and those wheels....[xx(] .
    the mk4 R32 however is the best looking car vw have EVER made..........im sure many will shout at me for saying that.

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

is it fook, my 4motion looks miles better thqn a chavvy R32

12. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

wood dash and all :lol:

[​IMG]

Chavs on tour "dat is wikkid geez"

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

not on mine, I've taken all that crap off (along with most of the dash at the moment!)

14. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

C'mon Phatty, why then is a 4-motion 'better'? Which features?

< Steps back [:D] >

15. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

apart from the V6 and the 4wheel drive, there isnt much to the 4motion. great car, but it doesnt look nearly as good as the r32. styling wise, apart from a front splitter with a few more gaps in it and some nice tail pipes, it looks pretty much the same as my 1.8T (did). could someone just remind me what hp the 4motion has again? i considered the 4motion, but the tuning possibilities are very limited. anyway, this is kinda moving away from the original post!
    and i like my wood....[:$]

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  16. prof Forum Addict

tuning is very limited.....to what 7-800bhp?

17. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

sorry i should of been clearer, the cost of tuning a V6 isnt desirable, therefore in my case, limted. hence the reason i chose the 1.8T route.

18. Collie Forum Junkie

but any way.........just wanted to know, how long theyve been around etc really, as i am consideing looking into buying one.
    have a 1.8t at the moment, may have a v6 4mo/r32 dont know yet

19. VR6Rob Forum Member

20. Golfgirl Forum Member

First ones appeared late 2002 on a 52 plate and were produced until early 2004 on an 04 plate. The majority are either 03 or 53 reg though.

They came in 7 colours - Diamond Black, Tornado Red, Deep Blue Pearl, Reflex Silver, Indigo Blue, Anthracite Grey and Moonlight Blue. The most popular/common colours are black, silver and deep blue pearl.

Options were sunroof, cruise control, leather or alcantara (half leather, half suede), upgraded stereo and sat nav.

That's the basics, could tell you more but I'm in a bit of a rush at the mo....hope it helps.