*Wanted* Garage-trained inspection lamp

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by A.N. Other, Mar 23, 2007.

1. tallika_fan

tallika_fan Forum Member

Well i managed to blow the bulb in the security light in our car port a few weeks ago, bloody anoying, didn't know they didn't like being on so long. Never mind, shall replace it soon. had to resort to using a desk lamp last weekend with 3 extension cables!!

Do have a mini torch though. Might have to invest in a headlight. Sounds like a plan.

2. GTIAndy Forum Member

3. Mikey C Forum Member

i had a 6 foot striplight spare so i put a flex and normal plug on it, its really good for workin on cars, just put it on the floor if your underneath, or stand it up on its end for more general work. Its a 100w so its bright and obviously 6feet long so shadows and stuff arent a problem anymore. you do have to be carefull not to smash them as they can make a mess - using the plastic filter helps - i dont tho as it dims the light when they get dirty, the bulbs are suprisingly tough and i've never smashed one

I would also highly recomend those "ring" heavy duty normal filament light bulbs, also available from vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk. they dont break if you drop them like normal supermarket bulbs

4. K'Reg Forum Member

Ring are in Leeds, I go up there nearly every day, I might pop into their staff shop and see how much discount I can get...watch this space.:) I can feel a discount retail opportunity coming on for Club Gti...

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

This thread has just reminded me that somewhere i have an LED head-lamp, and not used it once!