What to do with some1 whos trying to take the p*ss ....

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by studentlife, Sep 19, 2007.

1. studentlife Forum Member

Heres the story,

my gf scrapped a little peugeot 206 05 plate whilst pulling out of a space.
    I got out and the guy went off on one at me before i could speak "you f*ckin idiot" you get the idea.
    He was a young lad very rude and i found it extremely difficult to keep my cool and not slap this delightful c*unt

We have recieved his so called quote which i think a little unreasonable 450 see the pic below n tell me your thoughts. Oh yeh he would like us to give him a cheque and he'll pay the bodyshop cash has the guy is doin a "cash" job for him otherwise it would be 700!! No f*cking way we're doing that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hes given us a wrong address same road different house and is making it very hard for us to get an independent quote done, apparently hes workin all hours in london and hes movin house bla bla

so wot should we do???

Apologies for the **** hes really got under my skin!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. Aphex Forum Junkie

3. studentlife Forum Member

cheers buddy how comes its not working for me? did i do it wrong in my rage

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

Dunno really sorry mate. Hopefully someone here will know how to advise.

My advice is if you have to pay for anything make sure you get a written quote and pay via credit card as you have some protection. (not much mind)

Lmao yeah, you went a little copy crazy.

If you copy this bit http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/dub-wise/DSC02250.jpg and put it in the [​IMG]

5. madmonkey Forum Addict

I'd be f*cked off if someone did that to mine.

Go insurance route. Might not be the best option, but he can go f*ck himself for cash prices.

Hopefully he'll end up in Obvious's repair shack.

6. Animal New Member

you should have slapped him for talking to you like that . tell him if he doesnt let you get a quote then your not paying how long ago did it happen .

7. *Dubby* Forum Member

To be fair mate, I've almost battered someone for less damage, so I can understand why the bloke was p'd off......

Go the insurance route.

8. studentlife Forum Member

dnt really want to go the insurance route my gf excess is 450 alone then she'd lose her 3 yrs ncb and insurnace the mk3 gti 16v is not gona be fun as shes 21.

Pics are of his car btw did some detective work this evening ... we dnt mind paying but the quote seems a little high for the damage and hes not making it easy to get another one done. It happened monday around 7.30pm

I could understand hes was ****ed off but that was no excuse to be talkin to me like that, it was a blatent accident ... if we were driving like idiots then ok but we werent.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  9. madmonkey Forum Addict

If it were mine, I'd want an independant assessor saying it hasn't affected anything underneath the bumper. (I don't know what's behind the bumper, do you?)

Then I'd want the whole bumper re-spraying. (maybe 300 max I guess, but he could be quoting the local accident repair gaff, which will create a HUGE quote.

Edit: Just noticed the metal wing has been scratched too... ( 450 is possibly an ok quote tbh)

but in the end... you scratch the car, you pays the price tbh.

10. Animal New Member

tell him you will sort it then get a bumper from ebay or the scrap yard job done .

11. MrKeith New Member

I'd just insist on him letting you get independent quotes for having the work done and tell him he won't be seeing any money from you until he does. Harsh I know but he sounds like a total **** so I'd do it just to wind him up.

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

if you do attempt to settle it without involving the insurers make sure you get some form of written statement from him confirming that he is satisfied with the settlement

these sort of numpties will often then start claiming for everything.

as for the 450, id pay it, get him to sign something saying thats the end of it "in full and final settlement" etc

then get your gf to get some driving lessons!

13. inoakgreen Forum Member

i'd say bite the bullet and pay him just to get rid!! would cost you more in the long run via insurance!! if you can ask to go and pay the garage direct, then you can ask em of the work involved (no doubt, if he's ripping you the garage will give him his cut, but at least he'll have to get it done then, as apposed to pocket it and live with the minor scratch). i couldn't say it was excessive for a bumper scratch (got quoted 350+ for a scratch on my bonnet). no doubt they'll tell you of how they got to blend in the hole back end etc....

14. damogti Forum Junkie

That is 150 - 200 max to repair from somewhere like chips away...... tell him that you will get your own quotes.

Its a bumper ffs, not the whole side of the car so where he has got 700 from is anyones guess [:|]

15. studentlife Forum Member

he reckons he needs a new wing and the bumper has to be sanded all down primed and sprayed again and that it has to be all blended in coz its metallic paint!!!

hes sending one of his quotes so i should receive that tomorrow it will probably make me chuckle, then im goin to call him and say that im gettin some1 to come and view the car to get my own quote done tell me wen and where the car will be. if he doesnt want to co operate then he can f*ck off. I dnt really care if hes a busy man like he says, he cant work every hour god sends now can he!!

Does anyone know if the chips away place would come out in the evening to look at a job??

Oh btw the gf is a actually a very good driver the space was tight and it was on a bend and as we were pulling out there was a big old 4x4 comin round the corner.

sounds bad but we could barely tell we'd hit him, wish we'd just carryed on our way!! but that wouldnt of been good karma now would it :lol:

16. Antichav Forum Member

I've been in a similar situation, I reversed in to my then girlfriends neighbours clio, put a small 3 inch dent in the front of the bonnet and pushed the wing back in to the driver door... she got a quote for a 1000, which I managed to find and pay her, thinking she would pay to have the work done.

6 months later and the car was still damaged, and I later found out from my gf's mum that she'd spent the cash on a holiday.

a rare moment of rage soon followed.

my advice? go through official channels, make sure you pay for what you've damaged and nothing more.

17. damogti Forum Junkie

tbh i would have inflicted more damage on the car so she would have had to have spent out on the car to repair/replace it..... :thumbup:

18. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

accidentally spilt some brake fluid on her car did you....:lol: :clap:

19. Antichav Forum Member

nah, just shouted a lot.

hold that thought though!

20. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

if you do, then don't involve me:lol: