What to do with some1 whos trying to take the p*ss ....

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by studentlife, Sep 19, 2007.

1. salsheikh Forum Member

if i had done that, i'd have gone round with a spray can (correct colour of course), rubbed it down, sprayed it and walked away. he wouldnt know the difference. shame you too far from me, otherwise would have helped you out. i have used rattle cans to spray entire bumpers and its fine.
    try it on a friday/saturday night when the buggers out drinking.

2. Supercharged Forum Member

Right - a good body shop would sort that (maybe without removing anything) by blending the paint in, i'd say 200 max for a cash jon, maybe 270 even as an insurance quote...

TBH tho, given the hastle may be best to let your insurance deal with it? depends on the excess I suppose...

3. studentlife Forum Member

the brake fluid has already crossed my mind but knowing my luck id get bloody caught!!!

its really not worth going through insurance excess is 450 alone and she'd lose her 3 yrs ncb however i am thinkin of askin him for all his insurance/car/licence details to see what the insures say and check he is insured n tht!! would be lovely if he werent :>

4. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

looks like its caught the wing also so that may have to be painted, but its a mornings work, 4 hours if not a bit less working at a leisurly pace. that quote is probably double what you could actualy get it done for elsewhere, i did the same job on a car this week with the same level of damage and it took me about 3 hours including drying and i was goin at lazy pace. and 700, thats just simply not true, you could purchase a new bumper and wing, paint and fit for that price, maybe cheaper. he's bull****tin ya, probably givin you the 700 quote to scare you into giving him the 450.
    Call his bluff, tell him no your not givin him that and you want to get another qoute yourself, i wouldnt wanna go through insurance either for that, i had a bump last year and broke someones indicator lense and a scratch i cudda polished out in seconds but she insisted insurance got involved and i lost my no claims for it.
    If he's still bein an **** just ignore him, say you dont know what he's talkin about, if theres no witneses to back him up.

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Good advice that, remeber it if someone scrapes your car..

6. NYSoul New Member

Is the bloke in the Clio insured?
    If it was my car that was hit then I would want it fixed right but he seems to be making it hard for you to fix it and I can not see any reason for giving a wrong address and making it hardnother than trying to get more money than it costs or not being insured.
    I would be half tempted to call his bluff and say that you now wanted to go through the insurance and see what reaction you get.

7. studentlife Forum Member

Some developments today i think i took a picture of the wrong bloody car!!!!!!! a 206 in silver on the same road with damage to the same area what are the chances!?!? The plate of the car i took a picture of is different to the one in the quote!!

I recieved a written quote from his bodyshop and it happens to be a shop ive had a quote with before and i thought that they seemed very reasonable. But he might still actually know the people n have jus got a nice hefty quote from them!!

So i have text him and asked when hes back home from work if i can come round and refresh my memory of the damage and il get a copy of his insurance/licence details etc....

Oh and no we didnt get his plate at the time of the accident big school boy error but we assumed he gave us the same details as we gave him which is what we asked for!! and his writing looked like hed written it with his feet!

learning curve this ... cover you back at all times!!!!

8. studentlife Forum Member

Went to see the delight this evening met my partners uncle & aunte, he works for snap-on so is a little more knowledgable than us plus we thought it would help having and older person to help. surprisingly he was alot nicer still bit gobby and being awkward so we left it as we are goin through insurance and will be in contact.

Oh yeh here is the ACTUAL damage to his car not the other one lol what are the bloody chances of that!!! The image quality isnt great has they are scaned images but you get the idea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now gems uncle is goin to him tomorrow with some T-Cut and wax and some cash and we'll see how that goes!! little scum bag he cant really care about his car anyway he has a smashed passenger wing mirror too!

9. inoakgreen Forum Member

of course he's taking you for a ride!! but the bottom line is regardless of whether you get your own quotes, or your gf's unc offers to buff it out with t-cut, he can always refuse both - its his car!! basically he's got you by the balls and squeezed you!! he can always take it thru insurance (all he needs is another quote from one of HIS garages). no doubt he'll get an even more expensive 1 to the 700, plus his excess (if he's a young driver, no doubt hes got some). is it really worth all the hassle. be careful, could get more expensive.

10. studentlife Forum Member

its been sorted, with a bit of t cut polish and elbow grease and 10 mins later you wouldnt have known nething was even there, job done!!

Gave him 100 and got him to sign a disclaimer stating it was full and final settlement il get the pics up soon!!

all that hassle for 15 mins work! at least its done n dusted one less thing to worry about :)

11. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

ah thats good, how come you gave him 100 notes if it all came out ok?

12. ihaveajetta Forum Member

probly cos he was a c*** [:D]

13. 0420Dubber Forum Member

Glad you got it sorted mate. :)

14. studentlife Forum Member

exactly that, we gave him 100 so he had nothing to come back at us and knowing this c*** he would of.

Very tempted to still pay the delight a visit in a couple of months and wash his car with some brake fluid - hes thinkin of trading it in soon - that woudl f*ck him over a bit wouldnt it!

15. salsheikh Forum Member

u shouldnt have give him a penny if it all came out alrite. good idea getting him to sign the disclaimer though.

16. Dono Forum Member

get your 700's worth - do some more damage!!

17. samjac68 New Member

by the sounds of things the guy got a quote at a bodyshop of 700 for the damaged front wing and this scratch, sounds like a right dick tho:lol:

glad ya got it sorted;)

18. pipster Forum Member

This sort of thing really feks me off.
    ITS A BUMPER FOR GODS SAKE!!! thats what they are there for:lol:

19. Martin_Hill_1989 Forum Member

my mate has a corsa 1.4 sxi insurance curtasey car and he went into a ditch and f*ckd all the paint in on the wing and bumper he needed a new wing and this was 54 corsan and a,l the charged was 250quid cash for the new wing and the bumper an wing to be paint and it was metallica black that all vauvhalls have and that silver is a common colour os not hard to match if u lived near me i would get the lad to of it for you cheaper

20. 87 UMN

87 UMN Forum Member

hi mate a friend of mine said u can fade that into the bumper or even a repaint but it would only cost 200 250 max, hope that helps and good luck,