Whats the Fastest you been !?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by JWYATT, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I don't know the exact speed, but last week I was flat out across the living room and upstairs to the bathroom, must of been at least a ton. Hot curries go right through me

2. jbelly New Member

160/70ish on the back of a bike never ever again ! But the most surreal was getting a ride in a Merc race tractor unit on a commercial corporate day, 900ish horses 6 ton limited to 100mph due to tyres and even though there watercooled the brakes fade after 2 laps :lol: Rapid tail happy torque monster that doesn't like stopping :clap:

3. Collie Forum Junkie

88mph and the i keep ending up in 1955???????????????

4. Collie Forum Junkie

that sounds fun

5. retrowhore Forum Member

175 in the first Proteus P90 (Jaguar XJ13 replica, with me driving in the 1st picture):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Round MIRA Proving Ground back in '92. Performance Car magazine were filming/photographing us (myself, Jim and Andrew Marland) testing the Proteus XJ13 and all the other race teams packed up, cleared the tracks and came to sit and eat ice cream while we fiddled with the beast.

A great privilege to be allowed in the car at the age of 25. It sounded awesome (shook the concrete slab floors) and to this day I still think it is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

After that I would say back in 2008. 154mph, 9.2sec 1/4 mile at Santa Pod in Spencer Tramms 'Quantum Leap Corrado drag car' doing a charity run. Ethanol fuelled, halfway down the strip on tha back wheels. I had a busted spine at the time but I couldn't stop smiling :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]aPIXOBbDLxk[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  6. Hurdy Forum Member

167mph on GPS in my ED30.....I thought I was doing well until I was overtaken by a Ferrari 599XX :)

I was on a trackday at the 'Ring at the time though:)

Dunno what the Polo will do yet, but I'm at a V Max and 30-130 day in March, so it won't be long till I find out!

7. Hurdy Forum Member

Oh and I'm sure I've seen that Corrado a few times.

8. tinydubs

tinydubs Forum Member

70mph on ice!!

[YOUTUBE]Kly4q6bmkSk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  9. MelG60 Paid Member Paid Member

Calculated 294 km/h in my 677hp mk2 Golf. It could go faster but the wipers climbing up the screen and the wind coming in through the door was scaring me off.

10. Meeks New Member

172 MPH in E92 M3.......derestricted, on Eismann full system......and I was not flat, ran out of road and gonads....lol

11. geeteethree Forum Member

If my figures are right, a MK2 at 185mph needs 310bhp just to overcome the brick-like aerodynamic drag :o

12. Joesoap Forum Member

156mph gps in my mk2 20v and it ran outta gears [8(]
    and 198mph on my 1000rr blade with ease [!]
    205mph on the mates 08 zx10

13. jbelly New Member

It was surreal ! Tractor units don't go that fast do they :clap: I got taken by my brother in law as he's not intrested in vehicles he prefers watching poofball [:s] But he sorts out about a hundred new trucks every two years for his job and sends them all through Merc commercial dealers for servicing safety inspections etc etc, he went for the german beer and boobs and i got scared in a race truck and did scream like a girl :lol: Even as a passenger you can seriously feel the brakes giving up [:s] My daily does 105mph on the limiter with ladders up top too, good old Transit !

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  14. bully Forum Member

My next door neighbour has one of the 3 official replicas built by Leyland Daf when they bought Jaguar years ago. The XJ13 is the most impressive car I have ever seen. I cant remember the whole story but i think they had all the parts available to make 3 official XJ13s so they did.

15. XRMike Forum Member

Just over 140 MPH in my Mazda RX7 Turbo, I was running out of road. My mate who owned it previous to me had it at the end of the clocks (160). Its the only car I feel safe in at high speed.

16. kgrant New Member

Same here, but I was in a friend's car when she sped up to 100mph. It was night, no traffic and just two of us...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
  17. damien.wrl Forum Member

X2

Done loads of speed in many vehicles, most proffessionally, will never forget doing about "stupid mph" on a dual carriage way when an old fella in an allegro pulled out in front of me... The brakes must have been white hot and I was clad in brown. It brought home how stupid big speeds are and how stupid big speed drivers are....Not really impressed by people who want to talk about it either.... But each to there own[:D][:D]

18. Joesoap Forum Member

And I would not have a standard small bumper/8v golf about me and hate mk2's in white,
    Just not me.
    But proffessionally speaking, each to there own ;)

Talking about speed/driving/b roads, it's a car thing which your not getting :(

Forget show and shine, show and go is where its at :thumbup:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  19. damien.wrl Forum Member

sorry you proffessionally hate my white small bumper gti,as you sayit is a show and shine car not thrashed, as stated I am happy with a small penis and don't need to enter this contest... I am a classic car man through and through, I appreciate the cars for what they are not always what it can do ......however perhaps you want to slaag off my 997 daily b road bimbler.???

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  20. Joesoap Forum Member

This topic is ...
    Whats the Fastest you been !?

And you come on and go right of topic

"how stupid big speed drivers are....Not really impressed by people who want to talk about it either"

Then why even post if you don't want to talk about it ?
    eveyone else gets the topic [:s]

As for your 997 nice car mate , but again not me [:[]