which colour should i paint my golf?

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by fen, Sep 6, 2009.

1. letooms Paid Member Paid Member

or save yourself some hassle (and money) tip the golf over onto its roof then you'll have the same experience of a VR6 and small brakes :thumbup:

2. FEN

fen Forum Member

if you drive like a prick that would happen but where would i legally be able to go fast enough to flip my car? as if it was going to see a track it wouldnt be spraying it **** brown i wouldnt bother spraying it at all lol

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

so your going to the bother of fitting a VR6, extra insurance premiums, thirsty on fuel, nose heavy handling to drive no faster than an 8v gti? painting it poo brown to look cool and say you have a 'mk2 vr'???

seems like a pointless exercise to me but what ever floats your boat. You can still enjoy a hatchback on some english roads without it being driving like a d***, there is just a time and a place

4. FEN

fen Forum Member

oh yea theres some roads you can drive fast on but i dont really see why id need to use all the braking force of 288 brakes while driving a car on the road ive never locked up the wheels in any of my cars (on the road) maybe ill change my mind once i put my foot on the brakes with a vr up front? i dunno but i dont have any wheels yet so not saying im going for standard brakes i wouldnt go 13 id rather go 14 even if i was going with small wheels 13s would look too small i think how was the abf conversion on your golf anyways on another subject lol the abf just arrived today for my daily anything i should look out for?

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yeah mine is running sweetly just got a few issues to sort for mot. What management you running it on? Its never as simple as people on here would have you believe, do-able though and i had never attempted anything before and got it done in the end!!! I love abf's delivery is awesome.

You obviously drive like a girl :p :p I had 288's fading badly and that was with pagid pads on some back roads round andover..... with a VR6 to stop would be even worse. can you get 280's with 14" wheels? as 288's are only marginally better and if you spent on Ferrodo 2500 pads would probably be as good.

6. funkbaron Forum Junkie

280's won't go under a lot of 15's let alone 14's. Also be aware of your ET, as you'll find certain wheels will scrub the G60 calipers, ie my old Borbet A 16x7.5's. To be fair, the engine weight difference is around 50-60kg (if sources are to be trusted), which is the equivelent of a small-ish passenger in the car. You could get away with 256's as long as you didn't drive like a total berk! I mean it will still stop alright!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  7. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Nah, I was in Porsche last week and they had a 911 in creme.
    It just didnt look right, Kinda like it was white and its gone yellow in the sun.[xx(]

8. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

I think some brown cars can look nice

[​IMG]

9. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Always loved that car apart from the back lights... Brown's a great colour for a MK2 imo!

Small brakes + big engine though, is a really, really stupid idea.

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

I love brown golfs, if I had the money that's what colour my quicker one would be :thumbup:

You sprayed it yet?

11. FEN

fen Forum Member

not yet lol i need to sort the abf conversion and respray on my daily first that wing was just a tester panel lol

12. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

new car in brown:

[​IMG]

not actually sure if i like it thou

13. dave_dub86 Forum Member

I think brown would look cool! Saw a lovely brown mk1 caddy at vw action last year. If I could paint mine any colour though it would probably be cream with black wheels

14. FEN

fen Forum Member

i coulf paint if for you dave.... for a small fee lol the brown car is on the back burner tho as ive just dumped the engine out of my daily so am concentrated on that at the mo but once shes all running and resprayed i will get on the case and spray projekt poop thinking of just putting a 2.0l 8v in it now tho and might have those rials advertised recently an spray em cream [8D]

15. dave_dub86 Forum Member

oooh brown car with cream wheels.... is this ben and jerrys half baked themed???

16. FEN

fen Forum Member

yea its gunna look good enough to eat [8D] haha