Which 'Rado to buy...? edit.... Got a 2.0 16v..

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by Tristan, Jul 18, 2011.

1. danster Forum Addict

Pfft, lightweight. I now have so many vehicles I have no time to drive any of them because I am constantly online declaring sorn on them all. :lol:

3 mk1s, 3 Roccos, 1 Fat Raddo, 1 T3 van, more lawnmowers than I care to recall, and a Honda "ShoppingBlade" (aka C90) :lol:

Got rid of my 1972 2 door 3.9 V8 tax exempt Rangey a couple of years back. ;)

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

mine's also 3.5... but a Mazda TDI powered one! Purely for pulling the trailer. and snow drifting....

3. danster Forum Addict

Autobox or Mazda'a own manual box? That engine would grenade an LT77 box and LT230 or Borg Warner transfer box.

Cough, Raddos. I went for the Matt Black paint finish.

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Pics? [:D] :lol:

5. danster Forum Addict

May try for a Friday launch. ;)

I need to wind the coilovers up so it will get off the kerb with grounding the door mirrors. Let alone get it on a trailer. :o

If I do it at night the matt black paint will be stealth mode and N/B will not notice me sneaking past him. :lol:

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

kr cam raises power from 136 to around 150-160 ish [:D]

7. Tristan

Found a tidy looking one , black , 2.0 , 1995.... worst looking part of it is the typically saggy seat bolster . Is it true they got better built to the end of their new construction life? And what are the actual differences between a 90 and a 95? Going looking at this one over the next couple of days...

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

not much difference really, the bonnet and wings differ as does the grill and the front lights, slightly different interior trim colours. think later ones had the side strips dropped or it might have been a spec thing. the dash changed a bit, switches different as are the heater controls.

nothing spectacular basically just a bit of a facelift!

9. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Wow you have an integrale that is my absolute dream car got any pics? Well bottom line any corrado is going to be absolute crap compared to the Lancia. I had a 16v corrado and it was total crap, just wasnt exciting at all. I love the shape of the corrado and if I were to buy another it would have to be a VR6 or as a guilty pleasure a G60 purely because of the engine/charger note and torque but that will obviously come with the downsides of the charger and they are generally older as the stopped making them around 92ish where as the vr6 can be had 95-96.

10. Tristan

The integrale isn't a realistic daily driver tbh , it's very firm , thirsty , LHD , and they rust... I love it , but it's a toy , not a tool.

11. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I see what you mean hence why Im too scared to buy one Id imagine its not the easiest car to get rid of either as its very niche.

12. Zaphod

Zaphod Forum Member

Oh horrible horrible horrible.. proper rangies have 8 spark plugs. Mines an LPG powered 3.9 Vogue SE with all the toys, still working, must have been the last to escape Air susension though

13. Tristan

mine is for towing a heavy trailer with rally car and all the gear....hence Deeeezel.

14. Zaphod

Zaphod Forum Member

Mines for towing a horse box, with two horses in it!

15. Tristan

maybe so , but I'm quite poor....

16. Tristan

Went to look at a shiney black 1995 2.0 16v... I like , I like a lot!
    Coilies , but barely stiffer than stock , and about 20-30mm lower , brakes felt good , gearbox good , engine runs sweet (bit gutless though aren't they??) Body work rust free , interior pretty good..

drawbacks.... needs front bumper touching up/resprayed , needs 2 front lamps , sunroof doesn't work , boyracer-y cat back on it which is a bit noisey for me , and the front end and front half of the RHS was resprayed at some point... 85% job , with a bit of reaction on the door . gotta find out out if that will flat out with 2000 grit. Oh and LHS door handle must be broken , only opens from inside. suspect LHS window reg is a bit dodgey too.

17. danster Forum Addict

This is all very well, but did you buy it?

And did you mention boy racer cat?

18. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

Is there a way around the road tax like registering it to NI address I see enough polish cars on the mainland

19. Tristan

naw , not really , unless it was only out on the very odd occasion... and still iffy at that.

20. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Gutlessness - I told you so ;):lol: