worth about Adrian flux - epic fail on new car!

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by M7R, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Interesting hearing all of this about Adrian Flux. Was considering renewing with them but thinking against it now.

2. craggsy Forum Member

I use A-Plan insurance for my R32 turbo and is a good company to deal with, and beat all otyher quotes by about 100 when I renewed in February.

I know of at least 3 other R32 turbos insured with them

3. lukemk1turbo New Member

new to this forum do hi all
    just been reading this about adrian flux and i had nothing but problems
    i went to insure my 1.8T cabby other week and they would insure me if i was to insure another car with them?and then it would be 900 1000 excess plus the other car 1969 fast back oooo then i couldn't it was classic so i would then have to find another car to insure(joke)
    i explained to them that i had my t5 policy with them agreed value 20k 350 excess and they was no problem with this but my 1.8t no go iam only 25 so i new this was going to be hard and dear fast back 80 no agreed mk1 polo 158 no agreed they are so random

well i get to the point now friend of mine tried to insure a t5 camper adrian flux around 700 he's 32 look at mine iam 25 well 24 at the time couple of streets up his on a drive mine on road JOKE!!! so he found this company called 2GETHER they didi his at 200 i beleve they did mine at 720 this is declared everything all engine mods etc excess 200 i was like ear to ear grin thats no extra car are anything have a look ring them up no on hold for 1hr to premium numbers and they just get to the point and glad for the custom and when you do read about them they do have a good history and don't beat around the bush if anything was to happen to the price possession

hope this company helps all here

4. Tony@Greenlight

Tony@Greenlight Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi Craggsy

Maybe you could try us come renewal. We have recently got a new scheme that is specifically aimed at Forced Induction converted vehicles. We have a number of Supercharged and a couple of Turbo Charged R32's with us. We might be able to offer you a competitive price come renewal.

If you can limit the mileage to 7500 per annum or below that would also qulaify for you a limited mileage discount. Plus we allow the Club GTi discount.

If you wanted me to run an indicative quote for you just drop us a PM with you contact number and I can call you to run a quick quote. You might be pleasantly surprised with the rates we can get on the new scheme.:)

Best Regards
    Neil (Replying while Tony is out of the office)
    Greenlight Insurance
    01277 376 000

5. Tony@Greenlight

Tony@Greenlight Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Would you like us to offer a quotation for you this year?

Best Regards
    Neil (Replying while Tony is away)
    Greenlight Insurance
    01277 376 000

6. Classy6 Forum Member

I've just taken out a policy with flux...

I called HIC & Brentacre, thinking they were the only two companies that I would really stand a chance getting a decent quote with.

Requested a callback with HIC, flux rang me back had some pushy pushy **** on the phone trying to force the quote down my neck, albeit it was a good price (600 fully comp, agreed value 11k + I'm 24 with 5 yr NCB limited mileage to 1500 for a mk2 20v all mods declared) but I got annoyed with him so told him I would ring back later after looking around. Called Brentacre, bloke said they didnt stand a chance of matching or even beating the above quote, said he would talk to his boss & didn't call back!

Fluxs staff & admin fees are dier I've noticed already, had to change the policy start date & move it 3 days forward for MOT & got charged 30, not only that sat waited on hold for 20minutes whilst they apparently cancelled the policy & renewed so she could take payment after, for her to let me know they still had my card on file & she could take payment from that one! WHY did i just sit on the hold for 20minutes then you silly bint!!!

Only hope I don't have any future problems with claims as can imagine it being a nightmare, still need to sort out the agreed value with them [:s]

7. craggsy Forum Member

PM replied but i'll say ity here also. Mine isnt due till February but will give you a call nearer the time and see what you can do for me

8. ScottyGee New Member

Hi all

Adrian Flux are a good group of guys. What you must remember is their prices are not up to them...they are a broker....they negoiate with the insuers for the prices....sometimes the insurers want to fill a account, sometimes they don't....some insurers like some cars....others don't..... and so on and so on.

IMO it is perfectly understandable a insurer wouldn't like a low value old banger (not saying yours is, your not the example) compared to a high value, rarer car, maybe modified car. Which car owner is going to care about their car more?? Maybe insuers are taking heavy losses on the low value ones!?

Probably not the best first post for making new friends but just had to say.

9. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I've just cancelled with Adrian Flux and I had such a mission trying to do it. I renewed my insurance with them, right in the middle of selling my Leon. I had no option but to. When I called them up to get a quote on swapping the insurance to a 1.2 corsa I was wold that the premium would only be about 40 cheaper than my Leon Cupra... They explained that they don't insure small cars. Fair enough I said I would look elsewhere and I said that I would cancel as they could not match any of the quotes I got - not even close. We are talking 300 difference.

When I spoke to them they said to me when I cancel it will cost 70. Begrudgingly I accepted this. When I emailed them to finally cancel after the Leon went I got a bill for 121... Not being impressed I wrote to them and they told me that is how it is. I went home that evening and wrote a letter of complaint to them. This came back with " If you can prove you sold your car in xxx date and insured your new car on xxx date we will look at it". They asked me to get a letter from the DVLA which would be proof of purchase. They also wanted a copy of my new insurance certificate. I called their bluff and sent them what they wanted and was then sent a bill for 40 to cancel. While I was pleased at this out come, I can't help but feel as though they tried to rip me off!

All the correspondence between them has been rude and un friendly. I have been insured with them for over 5 years. Sadly not any more.

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I will never deal with them again after they insured my car from the wrong date on the wrong registration and i had to jump through hoops, losing out on lots of cash even when i cancelled within the 14 day period. Not only that, it took 2 weeks to get my refund (i paid my insurance policy in full up front) when i had already paid for an insurance policy from an alternative insurer in full as well.

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Just cancelled my nearly 400 policy for my T4 with Greenlight as well. So i guess all insurance companies are the same. Im due a 30 refund. This was cancelled about 3 months into the 12 month policy. FML.

Edit: For the record, LV were the ones issuing the refund. Greenlight have been amazing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  12. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Wow, Thats steep Luke
    I cancelled a few months into an admiral policy this year on my Polo when i sold it. Got most of the money back from what i paid.

13. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Just insured with Greenlight for my Audi A4. Renewal was 1200 quid, Greenlight wanted 586 so I took it. Because it's the A4 TDi he said he'd need to do a modded policy so chip the car, put wheels on it or something and I can do as I please up to 180bhp and then 20 quid more if I want to go up to 200bhp. Can't really complain. That and they want 390 for my Mk2 GTi, any mods I want up to 180bhp again. Made up with that. Both cars for less than I was paying for one!

14. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Greenlight have been fantastic. LV (Liverpool Victoria) were my underwriters and Tony has now managed to work out a better refund for me. Thanks Tony for the fantastic effort. It is much appreciated and goes a million miles towards your reputation. Really appreciate it.

15. muppet9966 Forum Member

I'll check with Greenlight for my insurance towards the end of December.

16. Chrisrpal Events Team

I have been with greenlight for over 8 years, however as my car was off the road for more than two years for a resto project when I wanted to re-insure my car they didn't want to help or insure my car (it's out of their policy so they said). My dealings with greenlight after that wasn't pleasant. Also Adrian Flux are a waste of time, money grabbing b*st*rds!! To be honest most insurance companies are sadly :(

17. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Adrain Flux have been good on quotes for me, taken some work tho and now been with them for 2 years. I have 3 policys with them now all fully comp

VW Golf 1989 Mk2 16V Gti full modified policy limited mileage to 5000 180
    Audi A4 2.0TDI S line 2008 standard car, unlimited milage 330
    VW Caddy Van 2009 2.0TDI fully modded policy unlimited mileage 600 commercial works policy.

Been very good but did want to charger me for modifying changes to my van as my policy didnt cover it until i told them to check the phone converstion when i placed the insurance and hey presto.

You just have know how to play the game with insurance.

18. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Adrian Flux left me (unknowingly) uninsured for 9 months...

When I moved to Manchester 10 years ago, I was insured with Flux, and phoned up to change address. No problem, premium is exactly the same, they said, and sent out the new certificate (to the new address)

About 10 months later, it was time to tax the car, and I can't find the insurance certificate, so phone Flux for a duplicate...

"Sorry, that policy doesn't exist"
    "How so...?"
    "We cancelled it."
    "Why the hell would you do that??"
    "Well, you didn't respond to our letter"
    "Which letter would this be? What was it about?"
    "We just needed you to confirm your occupation, but because you didn't respond, we cancelled the policy"
    "Which address did you send it to?"
    "Your home address; [old Glasgow address]"
    "I haven't lived there for nearly a year! You sent the original documents to my new address, so why the hell would you try and contact me at my old address?
    "Errr..."
    "How many letters did you send exactly?"
    "Errr...just the one..."
    "Just the one??"
    "Yes..."
    "Do you have my phone number on record?"
    "Yes...I can see it here on my system"
    "So, to re-cap; you sent ONE letter requesting some not-fantastically-critical information, didn't get a response, so rather than re-send the letter or call me on the number you have (and have called me on previously) you arbitrarily cancelled the policy leaving me to drive around uninsured for NINE MONTHS...?"
    "Errr..."
    "Would you blame me if I called you moronic c*nts...!!"

The upshot was, I couldn't afford to start a new policy elsewhere due to them all needing a hefty deposit. Flux tried to say they couldn't start a new policy without a deposit either, but some choice words had them change their minds on that front!

As soon as that year was up, I went over to Brentacre and have been with them, trouble free, ever since.

19. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Well i shouldnt have spoken so soon lol.

Had a call today form Adrain Flux about my policy and trying to charge me more for my mods. I was told on taking out the policy i can do anything as long as it doesent increase the BHP. After a 35min phone call they agreed there would be no charge and as Karl found you can not speak to a supervisor, you can not speak to a manager and even asking to speak to there complaints department you cant, they dont take calls. And the operator was bordering on rude and unhelpfull. Couldnt clarify anything about the policy or put it in writing.

All my other dealings with them have been good, should have never posted on this thread last night lol

As Stu said they seem to treat you like idiots until you put you foot down.

20. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

had my renewal through for the track car.... its only a couple of quid more than last year (due to their admin fee going up from 10 to 30!!) and they now put you on a auto renewal! and will take the money up to 3 days before your reneal is due!

I have asked them for a better quote as they always come down (im 27 now!!) but they wont budge unless I get another quote... then they will think about it! I have also asked for email confimation of the canel of auto renewal as I don't trust them!!

Now I just need to see who will cover the track car with an agreed value for sensilbe money, who isn't flux! (greenlight in the past have told me they don't do agreed values.. which is odd as clearly people do have them)