wow serious MK1

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Admin, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Admin Guest

2. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Impressive write-up, and the spec is mouthwatering.
    If only he'd used a standard lens, and ditched the 20mm-wide-angle show shots.

3. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Yeah thats pretty stunning. Love the fact he's wrote the next best thing to an essay and then you get to the bad bits and there's half a line of writing :lol:

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Owned 11 years, 100% eBay feedback, Gateshead seller, genuine Newcastle/Tyne & Wear "CU" plate suffix.

Looks very good indeed.

5. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

Not always eh?!

6. N/B

N/B Forum Member

:lol: Guess not!
    Trouble is, will he find a serious buyer there, or a bunch of E38 lurking dreamers...?

7. karmann gettit

Prob not to be honest. I wanted to see what the offers were but they're hidden...

8. Admin Guest

not seen it about on the forums for sale, though a lot of other show mk1s are up for sale for similar money.

ebay, great place to advertise.

9. karmann gettit

^ Ha ha. I let u off because a) you like hens and ducks and b) you didn't call people that advertise on ebay w**kers.

10. prof Forum Addict

lots of money, but it'd cost more to build

11. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

its was at Leeds show the other week lovely car , well built !!

were's my cheque book when i need it :)

12. pRot3us Forum Junkie

:o

Must win lottery!! [:^(]

13. cockney chris

cockney chris Forum Member

I don't wish to offend anyone as a lot of you have mk1's and mk2's, but fu3k, it i'm going to anyway. Now that is a good looking car, just run through the pictures until you get to that interior. For fu3k sake its dire. For that money I'd want a fancy coloured leather interior with electric memory seats and a dash transplant as the only decent dash on an early golf is the mk 3. There I've said it and I cant take it back now. I am now leaving the country. Goodbye.

14. Admin Guest

you best be leaving the country sir, as you are wrong;) :lol: that mk1 is perfect, as it should be, there is nothing wrong with it, even i can live with the BBS wheels it has.

15. cockney chris

If the idea was to have a straight pretty original mk1 then I would agree with you but thats just not is it? Its full of loverlyness outside and under the bonnet and then the exitement goes when you see the depressing interior.------------------------IMO, HTH.

16. Brookster

Everybody has differents tastes and opinions thats what shows are all about.

i've had my MK1 for 15 years and seen alot acome and go on the showscene and race scene

and i love this MK1 oringal looking with a stealthy engine install under the bonnet [:D]

17. Admin Guest

having looked round a few shows this year, i have decided the best thing you can do with a mk1 other than make it all shiny and new and fast is to leave it looking the way it did from the factory.

you don't need the glitz or the chinz to dress it up.

HTH FTW TBH;) :lol:

18. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

When Mad 20V first put together his legendary Mk1, it was immaculate under the bonnet, BBSs, and a near enough standard interior.

There was something understated about it, a reassured quality that it was right in the first place.

This car is in the same mold IMO. Unique engine, good exterior, nut/bolt attention to detail and that's it. It doesn't need an MJ bright pink gay pride interior to say anything more.

Subtle interior mods would be Cabrio sportline seats, or Recaros from an Edition 1, but that's about as far as I'd stretch it. OEM without going bling.

And let's face it, get 100-150 for the interior, throw 800 absolute max at the interior, and it's done to that spec.

19. Brookster

Original interior looks good with half leather trim

20. cockney chris

your right too of course. Nobody said "bright pink gay pride interior" I was refering to a tasteful contrasting all leather job. And I bet the person that buys that car will do just that. My car is all standard, black with black leather interior and as far as I am aware that was how it rolled out of the factory, and I like it. If you specing a car up and asking that sort of price for it then finish the job.[:D]