xmas project..... NOT A VW

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by boostedgolf, Jan 6, 2008.

1. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

At this point I would have headed to the nearest scrappers and claimed 30 for the shell :lol:

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

I spy 3 spokes!

3. MillzeeGTI New Member

you mean tree spokes man, love the fake drilled disks. That could be a propper sleaper.

4. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Jut got to say... what a beautiful view out of the garage!
    Kudos to you for doing this, I understand exactly where you're coming from... and and IMO, it shoud be interesting when finished!

5. golfpaul Forum Member

Dont be so negative.

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Great. I'd like to do something similar with my son when hes older.

7. boostedgolf Forum Member

hi to all thanks for the feedback. its now definite, my mom does not want a new car & after a bit of a fight to let it go to us back at home it will remain her daily driver even after my dad ofered her to buy the new VW polo she refused [:v:]

This evening if nothing arises i will spray the interior & tomorow start working on the engine bay. Also tomorow we will take the engine to the mechanic for ots rebuild.

Yesterday i took the daily runner (citroen AX) at the garage as i dont have time due to the restoration & work to change the clutch & trust bearing, when the mechanic took the gbox off all he found was a rotten block with holes big as a penny & a clutch which has been there for 18 yrs.(since i am the 5th owner) now the car is at his garage without an engine and they will be checking today for a replacement 1.[8(] [:^(] [xx(] [xxx] ,So once again money has been taken off the golf.

Any of you now a good scraper which has quality half cuts of VW/AUDI and Citroen/peugeot which exports these vheciles off shore?? i would realy be intrested in starting to import halfcuts if the demand would be good & earn some extra cash.

here in Malta there are very few scrapers & generarly all they have are junk parts.

ihave also been searching for parts to convert the Golf brake setup from its standar 1.4 to a G60 setup but nothing has turned up & everyone is putting me off(as i want to drop a 1.8T BAM lump in it & every one is pricing them as gold & sell them at silly prices, one reason for which the VW scene is poor here). [:x] F[xxx]n island that i live on. how lucky you are guys whish i hadd all the oportunities in finding cheap & good second hand parts as you do.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  8. boostedgolf Forum Member

its been a while since i've posted, i've been too bsy finishing off the car and at work. Here are some pics for you, what do you think??:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little helping hand from my little sis, @ only 1yr 6 months old and she is already handy with spanners &screw drivers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

looks good, did I read it right that your mum didn't want a new polo - wanted to keep this one?? [:s] she must have seen what a good job you guys were doing restoring it

10. Matt G Forum Member

keep at it

i would have painted it pea green with a tartan interior then give it and engine with a decent amount of power - wont need to be too mental if the car is lightweight.

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

Cracking work so far.

12. boostedgolf Forum Member

Yes, u read it right, as i said in previous posts, me & my father had other plans for the car, but now wories we bought another samara for spares, but its still in good running order. Im thinking of getting all its mechanical sides in good condition and try a hill climb race in it but till now its only in my head.

we are still waiting for the piston rings to arrive, they're suppose to be in this week so our mechanic can finish off the engine, paint it & throw it in the car, check & blead the breaks & we're done.

thanks for the reply
    Darren

13. boostedgolf Forum Member

i havent showed you the finished product. Went bak on the road in mid-late April, & took quite a lot of looks from people pasing by... reward :)

[​IMG]
    My first go in polishing aluminium( not bad i think)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    taken last sunday

14. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

lol i think it looks ace!
    its better than new

just lose those 3 spoke wheels :p

15. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Forgot about this, looks brilliant good work!!

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

Well done mate.