Young parents and bloody kids ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by superden, Nov 1, 2005.

1. superden Forum Addict

Why are so many modern parents are unable to control their children in public ?

Back in my day (cue Hovis tune and long walks up steep hills) you did as your parents told you.

In fact, that goes for everyone I know who is my age. Yet walking around the city centre today I was amazed. Amazed by the complete inability of most of these young `parents` to control their bloody kids and it wasnt a case of mild disobedience either. One child was shouted at, told and warned not to do something five times ... and that was just while I was there. He didnt quite tell his mum to f*ck off, but he may as well have (though I did see that not so long ago).

As I wandered off into the next shop the mother was still giving feeble instruction to her b*stard offspring.

I admit, these problems seemed to be with younger parents and part of it can (possibly) be attributed to not being allowed to `smack` them. This however, was way beyond that. This was plain old fashioned sh*t parenting and it wasnt the odd one either, they were all over the show.

What hope is there for the next generation if they wont even do as they are told when they are children ?

Why are they so bloody clueless ?

Why has parenting skipped a generation ?

There was one child I would have happily f*cking strangled ...

... and by the look on its mothers face, I think she would have been happy to let me.

She just had no authority at all, she didnt have a clue and the same can be said for the others.

[:s]

I think its time we had a test before we allow people to breed like rabbits.

Its a privilege, not a bloody right to have them.

You have to pass a test to drive a car ...

... yet you can be `responsible` for a life with no checks/controls whatsoever.

[:s]

Apologies ... rant over.

[:$]
    Edited by: superden

2. octane Forum Junkie

You're right, i always did as i was told, if i didn't.... wack :lol:
    Worked for me, My g/f told me the other day if we have kids we can't slap them, i told her we f**king will. :)

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

while were having tests to have kids...make sure theyve got jobs to pay for em as well

round here its what all the scrubbers do, leave school( if theyre lucky) then pop out loads of kids..get put in a council house and all their bills paid by poor sods that are work all day

4. Phil. Forum Junkie

I was brought up to respect people and their belongings, manners cost nothing and all that jazz. I was disciplined when I got out of line and I think this has made me a decent person (steps off soap box)

You could argue Nature/Nuture for days but I believe in a bit of both tbh. The young mother of kids living near me eard saying last week "what da f*ck did you get to eat at yer aunties?" to her 4 yr old. What chance does that poor kid have.

They all play football in a very tiny street and kick footballs off every car. The parents only tell the kids off if an owner is standing watching, if not they don't give a poo!

5. GolfD Forum Member

I agree with you.

I was an inch off being stabbed with a fork in pizza hut the other night by
    a stupid child (sorry, i cant stand kids!)

He ruined our meal, he climbed over the partition amongst other things
    and the parents just said 'no, keanu' (or whatever crap name theyd given
    him)

6. pigbladder Forum Addict

7. Rob.gti Forum Member

Parent nowadays shower their kids with expensive toys and gizmos to keep them quiet. Works great at home, but the kids show no respect or consideration for others when out and about.

Unfortunately, parents work long hours just to survive, which means less interaction with their kids. Meaning the kids have no role model. Couple that with the ever increasing chance of Child abuse charges or peado charges if you smack or even let your kids sleep in your own bed, then I am affraid you arrive in todays society.

Luckily, I seem to have done alright raising my daughter on my own. She is very respectful and polite to people and never thinks of causing a nuisance to others.

It all boils down to the parents. Kids learn from them, if they aint about or dont offer quality time to their kids, the child has no chance.

It drives me mad to watch "Supernanny" on TV. The parents are literally stupid, and the kids just need a good slap to bring them into line. Its hard work and it aint easy, but some people just shouldnt have kids [xx(]

8. superden Forum Addict

I agree with your other comments but this is untrue.

When I was a child, my father worked very long hours indeed (far more than the average now).

Yet he was always there when he needed to be and gave me the guidance I required.

I dont think its a case of how much time, its more what you do with it that matters.

My parents worked hard and still managed to raise a well adjusted young man.

Suffice to say they are both astounded at the poor level of parenting these days.

Modern parents are lazy, they just dont want to put the effort in thats required to raise a child.

Oh yes.

:clap:

What really grates me about that program is nothing that (annoying) woman says is `new` or `clever`.

Its just common sense for f*cks sake.

[:x]
    Edited by: superden

9. Rob.gti Forum Member

Now there is a worthy Poll if ever there was one

"Is Den a well adjusted young man?"

Option 1: Yes

Option 2: You have got to be kidding

;) :p :lol:

10. superden Forum Addict

Cheeky bugger.

[:x] :lol:

11. Claypole Forum Junkie

The question was wrong to be able to answer it... "young"... ;) :lol:

12. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

Oh, don't get me started!

I'm your original Mr. Eugenics![​IMG]

13. Admin Guest

nothing a damn good slap wouldn't sort out really,

plus children need to learn and earn respect not just expect it,

children now a days just expect it all on a plate and the stupid parents give it to them.

all this softly softly nonsense doesn't help, school of hard knocks,

was ok for me and my brothers and sisters, all well mannered and polite.

14. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Got to pick up on this again (sorry Rob [:$] ), but most of the little bastids round my way are raised by work-shy council scum, they are with their parents 24-7 until they are old enough to go out nicking by themselves. Just because the parents are about doesn't mean they provide any kind of worthwhile role model to the kids.

For example, the irritating f*ckers living above me at the mo: young couple both under 20, with two girls 1 and 4 years old. Every day I hear the mother screaming at the kids "shut the f*ck up, f*ck off and go to your room" etc. Unsurprisingly the 4 y.o. has just started screaming back using the same language. What happens when we knock on the door to complain about the noise? A barrage of abuse from them then a visit from a f*cking community support officer the next day kindly asking us to stop 'harassing' the dear little angels upstairs [:x]

The kids have got no hope [:^(]

15. superden Forum Addict

I`d just tell them to get stuffed.

The CSO, what a joke.

Welcome to modern Britain.

Where ignorance, laziness and mediocrity are rewarded.

[xx(]

:thumbd:

Once one of the proudest nations on earth, reduced to this. A state of socially inadequate morons. I dont even like to think of what the next generation will spawn with them as parents, breeding like rabbits, living off the state. A state, incidentally, that considers it acceptable to tax the decent people more and more to fund the lives of people that do nothing, contribute nothing and mean nothing.

Eugenics may be a dirty word in this `modern` world.

But anything that removes this leeching scum from society can only be a good thing.

16. madmonkey Forum Addict

I got the slipper once.

Just once, when I was 6. And I deserved it. ;)

Once.

Never again.

We need to teach kids a lesson that they remember. :)

17. Admin Guest

exactly that,

if me and my siblings stepped out of line, bam you got it and you knew why. no messing about, you knew how far you could go before you got a smack and you knew it was going to hurt. [:^(] [:$] :lol:

but then i also had respect for my parents too.

18. ricey Forum Member

i was lucky, when my parents split upi think my mother had two jobs so i lived with my grandparents more or less....who are officially the nicest people on earth

lets hear it for grandparents!!:clap:

oh yea and beating children:lol:

19. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

YEah i got smacked and probably all the better for it tbh!!!

I agree with most of the comments above...

but it would appear that a lot of us are decent human beings and know how to raise children...

how many of us actually have children? Or want to have children?

20. Admin Guest

early days for that funky :o

i'm only 25, i'm not sure what i want to do at the weekend let alone "family" stuff, when the time is right and i've met the right girl-still waiting for Cameron Diaz to call :lol: