1.9tdi pd 150 in to a mk2 golf :-)

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by sam_51, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sam_51 Forum Member

Hi guys this will be the start of my thread wich i will try and keep updated as the build progresses..

To start
    My bora 1.9tdi pd150 with a hybrid turbo, spec smf clutch, egr delete, fmic with passat inlet, straight through side exit all i was looking to do was to remap it until... I WROTE IT OFF[:^(]

[​IMG]
    Now i have bought back the car form the insurence and will be stripping it friday/saturday. I intend on putting it all in the golf witch i yet to own[:$] (on the look out for a shell) the dash, abs and possible the air con. but i have some critical question that i hope you guys might be a ble to help me with?

1. mounting the engine and gear box..

1st option to use origanel mounting as the 16v would do as i believe they would bolt the engine straight in and then useing a 5speed diesel i have available with i belive would fit straight in.

2nd cut out the mount of the bora and weld them in some how so i can use the 6speed

3rd cant remember the third.

has anyone on here done a similar conversion?
    also does any one now witch is the best way to mount the engine in the bay for strength and quietness .. also do you think a 6speed diesel box would be better than a 5speed diesel block out of a passat it has log ratios.

cheers any help would be great as this is the most troublesome of parts before the fly by wire and so on

cheers
    sam

2. aidanb22 Forum Member

Look for a7 ufo on here, did it a while back.
    I have not done this, but i'm sure people who have done and wanted to use the air con, mk4 dash etc have had to swap the entire car wiring loom over.
    Also, if you decide to use a 5 speed, you will lose that clutch as the flywheels aren't the same on the 5 speed.

3. sam_51 Forum Member

I thought the cluth might of been different going to try and ue the 6 speed if i can but the 5 speed is atmy friend and not being used... also i have to full diesel wireing looms that i can use to make the dash fit and air con aint to fussed just think if i can i might aswell.. but i mean this is in early stage like 3 days of thikning about it. first thing is mounting it all either with the 6sp or 5sp prefferably the 6sp

4. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

A Friend of mine has a MK2 with a PD130 and hybrid turbo 200bhp plus 100bhp of nitrous.

What is the Geabox on the PD130 02A OR 02B

5. sam_51 Forum Member

it would be a o2m on the 130pd unless changed. which hybrid is he runnig.. normally they run about 230bhp on either engine with the hybrid

6. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

if you already have the complete car you've the best chance

when I done a mk2 5 years ago or so, I'd converted it to a mk 3 cable change box for ease as the mk2 bits in the way of drive shafts etc were easily available
    engine bolted up with easy, couple mods to the O/S engine mount and it was in running
    of course i built it using the complete engine loom, keys etc and soon had it running and road testing without dash work being fitted!! with no issues of starting up

fitting the mk 4 6 spd is so much easier, than it way! your only limited to having to make, or buy the transmission mounts (i have no idea who makes them)
    The drive shafts, if your planning on using the mk 2 hubs would require the drive shafts to be customised length wise

one thing to also bear in mind the rolling diameter of wheels effecting the way the gearbox feels, I'm the longest mk3/passat box available in my mk1 TDI and I've still modded 5th to make it longer!
    mk4's have bigger sidewalls, larger rolling dia' then std mk 2 wheels combos

as you've come across the 5sp & 6sp clutches are different

I need to get around to modding my mk4 engine !

7. sam_51 Forum Member

been doin a bit research
    these are the mounts
    http://www.dutchbuild.com/index.php/cPath/17_49
    would prob just get my own built tho

would you no need a mount on the from of the box or would that one mount be suffient do you think..

also roughly do you no how much modifying drive shaft would cost? have no idea gunna have to ring around i guess

8. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

drive shaft welding i have no idea, but needs to done professionally & perfectly straight!

ABS is possible to swap over, I was going to go down the ESP route getting ABS rings fitted to Mk 1 hubs, Mk 2 hubs would be the same

9. sam_51 Forum Member

right car is found just need to look at it.. parts are slowly comin together just need to decide about the about the box...

defenitly sticking to 6speed just got to decide wether o2m or o2q as i beleive they have equil lenth dirv shaft's just dont no what to do about drive shafts cuse i guess both will have to be made to fit.. but i will keep reading up

10. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

equal lenth just has a extention bolted to back of the block, both shafts would still have to be modded

of course equal lenght helps cut down on torque steer, does make difference in the low gears

11. sam_51 Forum Member

ok cheers... stilll guna have a look but might stick with the o2m. decision decision... lol.

right the old girl is comin apart today gunna try and get everything of her so i have it all about

12. sam_51 Forum Member

can i just ask.. with the drive shafts on the o2m do you use the seat one becouse its shorter or longer? becouse i might just get both side shortened its on 75 a shaft

13. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

both side will have to be altered, depending on which CV joints your using, measure 10 times and do it once

14. sam_51 Forum Member

10 times i was tinking 20 :-) im going to fit wide track first, pas anything else and yje engine.gearbox then worry about the shafts.... founsa outy the wount be so much of a bother.... cant wait to ctually start

15. jimmy123 Forum Member

there are standard shafts you can use with the 02m if you dont go widetrack but you have to swap to 5 stud hubs

16. sam_51 Forum Member

dont mind about the stud bolts really.... just wanna save on the shafts... ad use the cash somewhere else.. its on 75 to shorten the shafts where the seat shaft is 290 on its own

17. jimmy123 Forum Member

look on e-bay for skoda fabia vrs shafts,they are ment to be the corect lenght for mk2 bearing carriers with mk3 5stud hubs fitted but this only works with standard track

18. sam_51 Forum Member

ok cheers

19. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

useful bit of knowledge the Jimmy :thumbup:

20. sam_51 Forum Member

right ive been thinking about the gearbox mount loads now im stuck oorqyebout the engine mounts can the standard 16v one fits and will it be strong enough? for all the torque