1985 BBS Mk2 GTI Retro K-jet (2021 Update)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by smp1987, Jun 6, 2010.

1. smp1987 Forum Member

:thumbup: i took one of my 88 golf and it didn't fit this one is from the correct year the old one was correct just a newer one and didnt match the other switches

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. smp1987 Forum Member

Bit of an update highs and lows today got my rear wiper back on after having no wiper for nearly 2 year now. It dose look rather nice I just have to get it working.

on inspection:
    The motor works when i put the plug onto the right side(constant feed?) when i put it back to the left side, when pressing the stalk only the water jet works. Is it a fault at the stalk end?

pics
    [​IMG]

Tried to free my bleed screws but it was not happening for me i think the callipers have had it.
    [​IMG]

Other news i have the rust bug see thread
    http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2178656&posted=1#post2178656

4. smp1987 Forum Member

After falling out of love with my VW dealer plates I'm getting my original dealer number plates remade. The car was original from Michael Moore Quarto Centre so i thought it was only right that i got the original plates back on the car.

Mock up to give a rough idea Logos will be crisp on the plates
    [​IMG]

5. smp1987 Forum Member

Amazing what you can find at the bottom of service a history folder

Original Vehicle Registration Document
    [​IMG]

Suck between a VAG service sheet from 89

Boston Blaupunkt Radio Hand Book
    [​IMG]

On my bill of sale it says Boston CR. I never put it together cassette radio :lol:

Iv also cleaned up this.
    [​IMG]

It was stuck down my dash when i got the car covered in rust and dirt. I put it in the service folder to sort out but never got around to it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. smp1987 Forum Member

Got a chance to service the mk2 yesterday got all the service parts for 24 delivered, 5ltr valvoline oil, Bosch oli filter, 4x Bosch Spark plugs, was very happy it only took me 1hr

you know she needs a service when the plugs look like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think they have been in the car a while, cleaned out the dizzy and leads too. She started on the button after 2months :)

7. smp1987 Forum Member

So I decided last week to take the plunge and re do the valance stripes as the previous told me he had removed them quite why i will never understand. So i emailed Volkswagen stickers and they pointed me to there listing on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170771083971?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

They were easy to apply had one or two air bubbles due to paint imperfections, had to account for slight door drop on the driver side which is a shame but the car is 26years old and still sporting original paint on 85% of the car. Really happy with the result just need to but the BBS stickers back

Before taken last year (forgot to take pics)
    [​IMG]

After very happy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Door drop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fitted my JR Performance filter sounds a bit nicer with it. Ran the car for 30min got it up to temp running really well after its much needed service. Hopefully get my brakes Monday/Tuesday

8. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

Those stripes realy set it off :thumbup:

9. scobie Forum Member

The stripes really do give the early model look:thumbup:

10. ERVGOLF New Member

looks so cool.

11. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Don't be putting them BBS stickers back on, looks really mint and original without. Them new decals just finish it off nicely. What's next on the list?

12. smp1987 Forum Member

yeah they do really set it off i was 50-50 weather they would look good with the kit.

lol i was going to mask them on and take a pic to see what they looked like i do really like them [:^(]

Next on the list is to get dealer number plates remade :thumbup: new brake disc's and carpet underlay, new swag lines as they look really bad against the new stripes

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  13. smp1987 Forum Member

Taxed and road worthy:thumbup: Spent the day checking everything, cleaning and tidying. Took down the garage tonight to get the mixtures reset and have the auxiliary air valve changed as it surges on start up and runs rich.

Took some pic for footman James so they can agree a value finger crossed it all goes well. ill let the pics to do rest i took about 30 :lol: i have to choose min of 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. retrowhore Forum Member

15. smp1987 Forum Member

I do like that all white grill dose make it stand out quite a bit, i think he could have got a lot more for it if he had put more time into the advert

16. smp1987 Forum Member

Not Much has happened recently not been driving much

17. SimonG Forum Member

Yes, this is really looking nice, the body side stripes bring it back to originality even more. Regarding the colour coded bumpers, do you know what method was originally used to paint them up? They look quite smooth and don't look as though the painhas just been applied to the textured finish. Been contemplating colour coded our small bumpers.

18. smp1987 Forum Member

cheers mate i have no idea the guy i got it from said they were like it when he had it. I spoke to the second owner and a show he said they were like it from new so i have no clue. They are smooth but there is still some texture there I'm not sure they would look good on a standard mk2 i think the BBS kit helps pull it off. I have been thinking of spraying my other grill while to see what it looks like im not 100% yet might get somone on here to photoshop it for me

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  19. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

Love it,great read.

20. smp1987 Forum Member

Bit of an update

Finally got it booked into the garage today for its well deserved TLC. The rear axle is being Shot Blasted Acid Treated then Powder Coated with a few other parts thrown in at a later stage for just 85

Rear axle on the car
    [​IMG]

Rear axle off looking sorry for herself
    [​IMG]

New Springs/shocks needed left and right side
    [​IMG]

Quick under shot not nearly as bad a we thought just needs a freshen up
    [​IMG]

New parts going on:
    VAG Rear bushes only 14sets left in the UK
    Rear wheel bearings
    Rear shocks/Springs