2.0L 16VTurbo Project 2008 - 09 (Back on )

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Brookster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. woza Forum Member

Nice looking build. Always fancied a 16vt myself. Best get saving though! Good luck...

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think you should go for some bosch redtops they are good for 70hp each and flow around 358 cc/min. They are found on saab turbo's and can be got cheap. ;) You may need a 4 bar Fpr with the 20v ones to flow that much.

Alot of info on here for most injectorshttp://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

4. Brookster

still waiting for Microsquirt [:^(]

5. smillsey Forum Member

damn,microsquirt,

i just went for megasquirt.....

glen has despatched it, also my innovate lambda iss despatched so looking foward to the next month.

6. Chris M Forum Member

When you looking to have this finished?

7. H8SV8S Forum Member

Those injectors are too small - you need the 440ccm Bosch 'green tops' from an S3/TT to be running comfortably in range and with sensible fuel pressure for around 250hp.
    Edit: they're only 60USD from C2motorsports.net

8. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

The AUQ injectors should be fine for 250bhp.
    Also, don't use Bosch injectors, the spray pattern is a single large cone, which is wrong for these engines. They need to be two separate, smaller cones.

9. Brookster

There seems to be alot of confusion about injectors types, everyone seems to say Bosch 440cc green tops ar the ones to have.

10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

And some say they get problems getting a smooth idle[:s]

11. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

They are not ideal, but I would not say they are 'wrong' for these engines. You will be very hard pressed to tell the difference at WOT between these units or more expensive Genesis injectors or even Siemens Deka units.
    As you are aware I have had Bosch 440cc units fitted to the WOLF R, and now run Siemens Deka 550cc units which are a single but wider cone spray pattern. The increase in aircharge from 10 to 20psi nessitated and increase in delevered fuel to achieve AFR targets so 550cc were the next step. Cold starts and drive away were easier to calibrate compared to Bosch 440cc jobs. WOT drivabity was the same for both. as was idle . There was less popping on the overrun and when cold with the Siemens units as the injector is spraying further from the wall seperation. But thats it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  12. benny Forum Member

I used some of these puppies on my 16vt http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html - dunno how they measure up in the cone shape, but they're cheap!

Maybe useful for furture ref? Like 2 weeks after you get it started and want more power ;) Yeah, yeah, I know bout the nitrous [:D]

13. H8SV8S Forum Member

My engine idles and runs like standard with the 440s and started first time after sitting for 2 months ;) ... But I ditched my standalone and have got it running on US Mk3 ABA management. Nothing runs like a factory ECU.

I was formerly running Siemens 660cc's, but have detuned significantly since. Still have a perfectly reliable 244hp at the wheels, though on 1.1 bar of boost with a T3/T4 60trim stage 3 with a .48 a/r exhaust, seeing full boost at just over 3,000rpm.

And no, the AUQ injectors are too small for 250hp unless you run over 4bar of fuel pressure, which is ridiculous :)

14. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

That's actually far more accurate. Many people do run them just fine. :thumbup:

15. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I know of a number of Mk4 Golfs running around 250hp with standard injectors and 4 bar FPRs.

16. Brookster

i'm running 80psi fuel pressure with the standard fuel pump so the pressure won't be a problem just need to decide which FPR & Injectors will be best.

17. H8SV8S Forum Member

No point arguing over it, but bear in a mind 75-80% of full duty is much better than 100% for countless reasons :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  18. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

That would make sense as side feed SR20DET/RB25DET units are 370cc/min.

19. Brookster

Well thats the next thing on my shopping list Injectors, so would like to get this one sorted.

i've held on this long before i purchase them, as this seems to be a massive issue with Turbo Charging.

20. H8SV8S Forum Member

That's exactly right - and they fit into a plastic ABF fuel rail with a bit of fiddling around, which is far easier than modding a 20v rail to fit in :)