2 or 4 winter/snow tyres - NOW FITTED 20/11/10

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by G-Man, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Uni royal rainsports, my parents have them on the front of their touran and they have been getting around great..

2. G-Man Forum Junkie

Yep you won't get any decent winter tyres apart from some weird wacky chinese one's which have also inflated in price.

Laughed today as people tried to get in our work car park, with me parked nicely at the top but 4 cars all stuck at the bottom:lol:

3. geordiegar Forum Member

Asked in a local tyre place today, when they would have winter tyres in and they told me next winter!

4. altern8 Forum Junkie

I managed to get my hands on some today Bridgestone Blitz wow, alot of the road around here are clear but i still failed to get near my house because of the hills, cleared every thing i could test it with.

Im sold on these winter tyres, how long do they last on normal road conditions, take them off by March?

5. Ess Three Forum Member

Once the temperature is consistantly above 7 degrees C, you can/should remove them.

you can use them all year round, in all honesty...they are only a high silica (I think that's the stuff) compound a bit like the Energy tyres fitted to many cars nowadays...but they aren't too grippy when warm, and if you press on in summer you'll slide about and scrub them away.

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

They are also well past thier best as winter tyres when you get to 3mm, so best to avoid driving in warm condiitons as said above you'll wear them out quicker.

7. jamesa Forum Junkie

Info in here ... http://www.nokiantyres.com/product-group?group=1.01 look up the Brochures

My daughter used a pair of Vredestein Snowtrac`s for several years (MkIV 2.0 GTI) without problem. I paid to put them on and wasn`t going to pay again for new Summer tyres ;)

I`m hoping to get two Winters out of ours then run them to death.

8. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

i put 2 on the front of our sharan...fine through snow and ice...
    just had to remember the back would still slide around.
    but at least you can pull away where every other numpty was wheelspinning.