24/07/14 Toyotec's 315PS WOLF R. What's next? See Pg10?

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Toyotec, Jan 30, 2007.

1. g_singh Forum Member

What a result, well done!

nice to see a car evolve over time to something quite special.

G

2. Carbs4ever Forum Member

It looks fearsome sitting still! brilliant work!

3. geordiegar Forum Member

You fancy building one for me Mr P? Only been on here a while and been reading your posts and just clicked on who you are from your reg! ;)

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Do that it will be worth it;)
    Weather strips obtained by monitoring a certain breakers and pouncing on poor old G reg Driver that had perfect rubber items, stripping it to death:lol:

Don't know if I will ever build another. Had more time on my hands then. But you can have a go and build and even better one!

It's coming back to me now. Nah it was 7 psi then not N/A.

5. geordiegar Forum Member

I struggle to fly a desk let alone spanner to that degree Adlai! Fancy a low pressure Eaton charger set up on my KR one day but I'll need all the help I can get.

6. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Get a plate diff, the car will be an animal with it.

7. TurbTech Forum Junkie

I was in a red Vauxhall Vivaro just managed to come up beside you as we split off.

8. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

i concur, plate type diff will be no use to you in car parks/hard cornering at slow speed but the hook up on hard take offs/cornering exits is unbelievable.

i had one in the beige beast and it transformed the car totally, best mod by far

click here for the make i used.....proof of this products ability is that this is the very same diff that yoof uses in his 12.8sec front wheel drive 1.3 turbo polo:thumbup:

9. Toyotec

Peter's very rapid Polo is not a daily. This may be a last resort option if the car is biased toward drag racing and 60ft for example. But I think that there is lots of work to be done to the suspension as it is, to increase traction, before the user friendliness is degraded. I would rather justify the need for such components than to jump to it. So far that is how the entire thing was built.

10. Yoof Forum Member

Gregg- try 12.5 ;)

Good work Ed :thumbup: Not spoken to you on msn for a while, nice to see it's finally pulling hard :thumbup:

Plate diff is deffo not for daily use, although 100% savage and will give the best ultimate traction, can be un-nerving in a high powered FWD car in wet conditions!

Lots to be had from suspension set-up and tyres. You going Spring Fest 2010 :)

11. dan_gti2004 Forum Member

Wow, love your car man! :clap: I hope to have mine upto that kind of spec one day!!

12. JWYATT Forum Member

Looks brillaint stuff ! bet thats a sleeper and a half ! :)

13. thegave Forum Member

It was a pleasure seeing this car in the flesh.

Simply awe-inspiring. Wish I could've seen it in action too

14. Toyotec

[​IMG]

Cheers for the comments Gavin. I have to tighten it up and it should be in the next VW festival. For now it has ben parked up to gather another months layer of dust!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  15. Toyotec

That is the typical reaction from those who see this vehicle with the bonnet closed then opened. Opening the bonnet tends to draw a closer inspection to the whole car!

16. Toyotec

Mechanical next steps
    There is a lot of work to be done to the WOLF R since its last sprint meet. It seems my shifter cable is dying and the thurstbearing in the gearbox is becoming noisy. This cost me time in the sprint as I missed several fast shift attempts. Also lessons learnt from my recent suspension update on the Dragon green VR6, need to be applied to this vehicle to maintain traction, all costing more money and once again cost me time and did not help in in the first 1/8 mile regardless of consistent 110+mph trap speed. One good thing that happend was the update of the front mount. Gone were the welded up OE front job, that was ripping itself to death [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and in place was this very robust and well made item.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus the engine held up inspite of the constant missed shifts. But that can be all overlooked, for now, at least for what comes next...

New Wheels RMs 15x7 personalised to the WOLF R.
    Since building the WOLF R, the power was transmitted to the tarmac via OE Estoril wheels.
    [​IMG]
    Through out they stay on the vehicle, these wheels started to look dated and were repainted in ash grey. While the wheels were sent off to be refurbished, some Ronal LS 15 x 7 alloys were borrowed. With these wheels the car looked much different. It was a look I liked very much and reminded me of that Golf GTi on the cover of the Chilton MK2 repair manual. I never got over that look, even with the repainted Estorils back where they belonged.
    When the car was fully resprayed these wheels just did not cut it anymore and a suitable replacement had to be found.
    7 months ago some Baumgartner Brand Schiltach RM items turned up owing a friend some money.
    So I paid what they owed and took them off him. But there was a lil problem. These wheels had become 'all that was scene' and everybody had them. Plus the colour they where painted in looked all Scooby ghey gold.
    [​IMG]
    Would be fine on a Subaru...
    [​IMG]
    ...but an epic fail on an old dub like mine. Then some of the bolt holes required repair and the 0.5in dishes were too naff. So some thinking had to be done to make the wheels unique to the WOLF R.
    I had a chat with my VW stylist guru and we came up with a cunning plan. A plan that cost money but could be spread over time and turn out to be well worth it. The actual start of wheel prep towards fitting to the vehicle, took two months making this wheel update a little project on its own.

So here we go. This is how the WOLF R got some bling to match the sting.

First the coloured part of the wheels were sent off the Richie@Ironbridge who originally painted the car. He had some touching up to do to the vehicle so this was a good time to put the excess LD5Y paint ( then some) to good use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With the wheels off to the paint shop, Justmatz was contacted and these items where bought, part of the customisation process.
    [​IMG]

Now the harder part. The dishes.
    [​IMG]
    Well I am not a wheel enthusiast, but it is good to now a few guys who know their wheels, so a good friend of mine, by the name of Mark was contacted, picking his brains about all thing spilt rims. I already decided that the width of the wheels would be 7in in total, meaning 1in dishes had to be found and bought. Fortunately Mark and the guys are Yaash Motorsport allowed me to escape the 'scene tax' and got me the OE BBS 1in dishes as seen above. They did need some attention though and were sent off with Mark for him to do his thing.
    It was 6 weeks and the barrels, rings and cap holders were done! The car was polished!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time to get these babies assembled. With Mark finished with the polishing, Yaash and Bijesh from YMS, got to work on assembling the wheels.
    [​IMG]
    I did the easy part assembling these...
    [​IMG]
    I then collected and put them in the house, much to the dismay of the missus! The wheels looked so good I just wanted to watch them, even hang them on a wall.
    [​IMG]
    But no, they had a purpose and that purpose would become a reality the next day, and I could not wait for sun rise, even if I had to go out and hoist the sun up myself!
    So the wheels are loaded up and 2 R888 tyres, supplied by Bens_cab, also found themselves in the for the journey, but more on that later.
    [​IMG]...

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  17. Toyotec

So early Sunday I hunt all of Southall for a tyre place that can do wheels of this type and so find a place.
    Time to get them on there then.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After they are all fitted, everybody in the tyre shop liked the 23 year old Blue Golf. I could not believe what a difference the wheels made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The real deal...
    [​IMG]

In line with looming updates, Ben brought me some GG compond R888 with more than 4mm thread remaining. Two of the Estorils got wrapped in R888 rubber as the alloys were promoted up to 'special racing duty'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So here are a few more pictures of the vehicle since it got more German. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BBS R for the WOLF R.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The WOLF R.
    Fahrvergngen von Toyotecwerke.

To be contiuned...

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  18. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Thought you were "understated" :lol:. Very nice though. Much improved:thumbup:

19. Toyotec

I am in principle as you can tell from my other vehicles. But this car needed an improvement to make it a bit more timeless in my opinion. BBS split wheels where that improvment.

20. geordiegar Forum Member

Superb Adlai I must admit. :thumbup: