2L 8v charger / turbo mounting

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by G60KG, Aug 3, 2011.

1. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

what a coincidence. I just messaged Mike_H yesterday asking him if he had a spare mk2 head and exhaust manifold knocking around which I could use for mounting all the bits to and seeing exactly where on the inlet I need to grind from. I had a cracked pb head which I stupidly scrapped before finishing the mock up as i forgot about the whole grinding task.

Hopefully I can get my hands on all the bits needed this weekend and get the manifolds fitting as they should ready fo the switch over when I receive the new ECU. I will take pics and hopefully atart a build thread showing transition from 2L 8v to MS and then to turbo.

2. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Good news the 1X inlet mounted on a PB head with PB exhaust manifold is a perfect fit and does not foul anywhere so no grinding required.

3. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

4. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Duplicate..oops

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. mk216vrick Forum Member

did you get a spare head sorted? got one here i would send for postage to help the cause.
    drop me a pm if you need it.

6. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

i havent followed this closely, before, but i struggle to believe all the manifold shenanigans goin on when you could as eddie said make a bracket and fit a TPS, like i have on my car. ro you could have made a spacer and moved the TB away from the FPR and used the audi TPS.

however i applaud the work and persistance you have shown.

has anyone tried the elbow that one of the supercharged engines used to move the TB, on a PB manifold?

EDIT: this thing http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/products/626/Supercharged_16V_G60_Throttle_Body_Adaptor

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  7. danster Forum Addict

:o Coming from he who must be standing at his bench knee deep in aluminium cuttings and swarf. :lol:

8. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

ha:lol:, and its true but im trying to do something different to boost performance (finger crossed), said poster is trying to get a TPS on an inlet manifold for the ECU, from what i understand.

i'm all for research and exploration of the parts bins but im not convinced in this case.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  9. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I know I could have used a bracket but thus far I have not been very good at 'customising'or fabricating my own parts. I am going to go down the bolt on option first and get things up and running. Once I understand more about airflows and what is hindering what then maybe I can start thinking about optimising the setup. In all honesty I still lack a lot of basic understanding which you lot already have but I'm here to learn so hopefully with time progress will come.

10. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

Keep it up, there still a long way to go

11. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Digging up an old thread but the faffing is complete and this is what it looks like. A 1X inlet + ABF tb on a PB head. Car is now running on Megasquirt awaiting calibration. Once Im comfortable with the software I will start thinking about the turbo kit I have sitting in the garage.

[​IMG]