Abf + Nos

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Matt82, Jan 22, 2007.

1. funkbaron Forum Junkie

haha, i don't know the ins and outs of his kit, only part I've seen is the huge polished tank for the thing - not someting I'd be happy carrying in my car:o I am trying to get to a No-Rice meet, one day I'l make it.

And i prefer this sum: mk2 + VR6 + Turbo[8D]

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

turbo would be nice, not parasitic either, but charged VRs sound so nice.

i take it that a turbod VR at 7psi would make more power than a charged at 7psi due to the turbo not having the extra drag?

3. funkbaron Forum Junkie

I don't know to be perfectly honest - i'd have thought the power loss through the crank driven super charger would be fairly minimal, so I doubt there'd be a lot in it. I know all the big power VR's are running a turbo though.

4. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

And i prefer this sum: mk2 + VR6 + Turbo + Nitrous

I'm currently building a Bahn Brenner MS Supercharged 2.0L for my car but still going to be running lots of gas through it too!! And comparing chargers and blows is so complicated its best to just go with what you prefer!! more ins and outs than you can shake a pointy stick at!

5. 444IN Forum Member

Let me say that still it would be a nice "game" to see, what will run out sooner, fuel out of VR or nitrous out of 8v :p ;)

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

itll be closer than you think i recon lol

7. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Ha ha! Trouble engine specific losses aside it takes a certain amount of fuel and air to make a certain power. If you're making more power than a VR then you're probably using more fuel too!! Even if it is in an 8v!! I had to upgrade my fuel pump the other week cause the stock one wasn't up to the job. So I could quite easily run out of fuel too!! But at least off power I get good economy!! My PB is 49mpg on a run from Poole to Brighton driving like there was and egg between my foot and the accelerator!! Took forever mind, don't think I went over 60mph on hte dual carriageway!!

8. dubst16v Forum Member

ive got a 2.0 16v mk2 at 167bhp n 146 lb/ft and still dont find it that easy to beat a vr6 mk3 although usually do.
    love to add a 25 shot of nos to the equation.

anyone give me a ball park figure on a kit fitted
    we talkin 1000? or more than that

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

seems that it can be done for a grand, would you fit it yourself?

would have to factor in upgrading other bits too, depeding on the spec of your car.

10. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

11. dubst16v Forum Member

cheers for the info.....guess 280mm brakes might have to b on my shopping list too lol

12. DUBTURBO New Member

:clap: The vr round the corner is a friend of mine and i see all the races your talking about,the only time i ever saw you close or anywhere near him was before you left the line,the vr was a bit harder to stop lighting up but he did you every time,i have a few videos on my phone ill try and up load them. Sorry to burst your bubble mate but nos sounds good.[:$]

13. oak8vgti Forum Member

lol makes me laugh how people think there standard 16v is quicker than a vr6

wonder who responds first, as above i think the bubble has burst lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i live close to you too then, ive moved to barnt green. providing my car passes its MOT today ill be in bham sunday night.

could do a mini meet to put the "is the 16v almost as quick as the vr6" debate lol

15. suttonval Forum Member

eh??? how have you got any idea that you know who im talking about??? where 'round the corner' is and the VR im on about?? There are many valvers and VR's in the midlands mate. Not to mention the fact that it was just a driver in the VR and no passenger!!! Me thinks youve fabricated a bit of a story here :p Whos your mates VR?? specs, colour etc, would be interesting to know if ive seen him out and about.

Either way, i didnt start this debate and i have no doubt at all that the VR is a faster car, its a v6 for a start with an extra 800cc's!! I hunted for a VR before getting the valver, although id prefer a VR for the extra power i just cant afford all the petrol for the long distance driving i do!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

recognise your no plate? is there even a pic of your no plate on this board?

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

18. suttonval Forum Member

Dont think there is to be honest mate, lol.

I know that the lady in my signature has taken out a few VR's with that tuned zimmer of hers.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i dont think ive seen your car. its green isnt it?

20. suttonval Forum Member

Looks to be the same colour as yours mate. Paint colour is twilight violet poly.

How was your MOT btw???