Been R32 shopping today!

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Golfgirl, Mar 19, 2004.

1. barny Forum Member

I thought it was quite slow round donnington.... [:s]

But i loved the brakes !!!!

2. Golfgirl Forum Member

It is to me, yes. But it's not to the dealer. I've got more than I thought I would get as a trade in anyway. I've tried selling privately but unfortunately can't get a buyer before I've found an R32 that I want. i would prefer to sell it myself as I said before, but unfortunately I've had to give in and trade it in now the right car has come up.

3. Rob.gti Forum Member

And as Claire was going to sell the car Standard (appart from Exhaust and Suspension) I would say she would have been lucky to get around 3600 on a private sale. So is it really worth the hassle?

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You need to bring someone along who's used to buying from dealers. Get them to put it on the ramps in the workshop, get him/her to "Jesus, that's not too good!" at a couple of things.......
    My cousin got a "best price, and that's my last offer" for a 9k car about 6 months ago, then once I came along late in the evening and pointed out all the real and imaginary faults, knocked 1200 off the price. May not be the case with a desirable car like the R32, but get GVK to have them put it up on the ramps in the workshop at least......

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

One problem Parz... I'm 145 miles away [:^(]

6. alexc Forum Member

Well Spencer (the R32 owner) was giving it all it had (I was sitting in the passenger seat at the time) and he still couldn't shake David's Mk2, I was very impressed, it's amazing what a tuned 16v lump can still achieve.

He was eating our Mk2 VR6 for breakfast! :lol:

In the latest PVW it looks like NSR have bought out a Supercharger conversion for the R32, don't get much change from 5k though! [xx(]

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

That's only an hour and a bit.... ;) :lol: :lol:

8. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I can't beleive Gary got away with that seat padding quip!

9. GVK

10. Golfgirl Forum Member

I'm used to it, I just ignore it now because I've heard it so many times ;)

11. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Nice one Claire [:D]

12. S1MMA Forum Member

3k is a good price for a trade in on your car, I dont think it's worth a hell of a lot more than that private cos of the 100k. So u've done well there.

Hope it's a cracking car and you enjoy it!

13. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

I got 2.5k for my '97 93k mile mk3 GTI 16v. It had quite a few scratches and a paint blister on the wing. Shocked me at first (the lack of price) but I actually think it was okay.
    Go Golfgirl - Join the ex mk3 GTi, R32 gang!!

14. micky1 Forum Member

you lucky people.would like a comfy car now i`m getting on a bit but the "boneshaker" is coming.

Garry and padding hahahahahahah ;) ;)

15. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Micky - You driven one on badly potholed roads?
    Not sure if "comfy" is the right word!

16. Dubplate Forum Member

dont suppose your selling your rimms separately golf girl ? <fingers crossed>

17. Golfgirl Forum Member

Yes - join the back of the queue ;) :lol:

18. GVK

Anything's more comfy than a mk2 on coil overs, poly bushed throughout and sitting in a race seat with no padding :lol:

19. Golfgirl Forum Member

Well I've done the deal [:D]

I test drove the 53 reg (demo model) today and although it was identical to drive, there were other factors than influenced my decision.

The 53 had too many blemishes on it for my liking. There were lots of scratches and scuffs dotted about over the car, one wheel was kerbed with 3 chunks taken out of the tyre, slight kerbing on another wheel and a chunk taken out of another tyre. There were scratches and a dent on the cup holder, and there was a bit of insulating tape holding something together inside :oYou could tell that it hasn't been looked after as well as the other one, due to being a salesman's car.

We looked them both over in the sunshine and there were no blemishes whatsoever on the 03 that we noticed. The front n/s tyre was slightly worn though and there was a mark by the grille badge, maybe where someone had tried to nick it. The previous owner of the 03 also put rubber mats over the R32 mats so the genuine mats are almost immaculate.

I managed to get 6 months tax without asking, and the car already has half a tank of fuel in so I've got a bit of both [:D]I feel I've got the best deal out of the two. Yes, I may have had to settle for an older reg., but in 3/4 years time when I sell the car it's not going to make that much difference!

I'm picking it up next Wednesday, so I've got a few sleepless nights for the next week! [:s]
    Edited by: Golfgirl

20. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

NICE ONE!!!! [:D] :) :p :lol:

Prepare to become rather obsessed over the next few weeks sneaking down late at night to take a peak and grinning every time you start up (or is that just me?!!).
    03 sounds a far better choice.
    I may email my R32 pics to another person if that's okay as I reckon you may have better things to do than post my very cack photo!
    Now that sleeping thing...Tricky...