big BHP 8v

Discussion in '8-valve' started by deepdishtj, Nov 6, 2008.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

the 285 cam is really a 276, so nothing too exciting either!

2. jono395 Forum Member

unfortunatly my head is a K-jet one, so i think has the 38mm...

and yeah true, i have a great rebuilt TSR one so i guess your right.. i know that its a good one!

going for a scout tomorrow for a 2.0 bottom end, im guessing i would use a 2.0 head gasket? or are the the same as the 1.8..? maybe its the 1900 that you need to use the 2.0 as its bored out, whereas the 2.0 tall block is just stroke difference correct?

going to change steering rack bushes while im at it, so have to save some pennies to get them!..

probably need some guidance when im actually putting it together:p

and yeh i was reading the part where it said its hydraulic tappets.. i knew the mk1 came with solid lifters, so your probably right mike, hes most likely chatting crap!

that was another route i was thinking of taking...

converting to solid lifter, but i would of thout that would cost alot .. because the valves and shims have to be done:( would rev higher though:lol:

3. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

not much point making it rev if it cant breath enough air above 6.5k rpm, the hydraulic lifters will take 7k rpm and a fairly lumpy cam, and there arent many 8v's that rev much further than that.

you would need bigger valves before making it rev higher than it already does.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008