Big Red VR6' Track use update! Page 8 20/04/09

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by RallyeVR6, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

bolllox![8(] i just read the whole thread and was pretty jealous and impressed, what an anti-climax, tough break fella i hope you get it soughted quick and cheap fella, hoplfully its just bolt on panels you have to to buy..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  2. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

The Inner wing is the worry I think. If Ican get that half way striaght I'm quietly confident I'll be able to get the rest bolted on.

The panel gaps all round are 100% as they should be. The wing hasn't movd back and fouled the door so thats a good sign I think. Damage is mainly to drivers side.

If its not bolt-back-together-able then it'll only take a couple of weekends to build it into another shell.

As I have said elsewhere:

Hey ho,

Its a smashed up Mk2, and not smashed up legs. Life will go one.

I do keep getting texts for a fellow forum mumber saying: "Stronger and Faster".

I guess the pheonix did rise from the flames..........;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Unlucky. Hope you get it sorted soon.

4. Jonny777 Forum Member

Ouuuuch. :(

Was looking forward to seeing this finished. Hope it can still be done. :thumbup:

5. perryqhill Forum Member

Ouch [8(]

Hopefully there's not too much damage and you can get it up and running again soon.

6. Gaz16v Forum Member

unlucky mate, like the way you just take it in your stride tho. :lol:

7. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Just a thought - I remember Prof advertising a shell for free recently if you do need one.

8. prof Forum Addict

it went to skint-golfer a few weeks back, otherwise I'd have put it in a big envelope for Nick

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

doh doh doh!

10. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Bugger[8(]

11. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Sorry for you Nick - damn, damn and damn - but looks fixable?

12. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I think it looks fixable Chris, but the only issue is the inner wing to bolt a front panel back on.

Tbh, as long as it goes back together semi straight and drives straight I'll be happy and it will be at the Ring being driven like I crashed it. Then long term I'll look for another shell to build it all into as and when needed.

What can you do tbh? Sitting at home crying/feeling sorry for myself isn't gonna change what happened or fix the car.

This is no different to when you were a kid and you fell of your bike. You pick yourself up, dust you self down and you go again with a bit more knowledge the next time.

I'm very very lucky and fortunate that it happened where it did and I had friends I could call and help me out. They know who they are and I owe them big time! One more junction along and I would have been pretty fooked, or faced a bill to recover it somewhere. Instead I could gingerly drive it off the Motorway, even though it had no water (drive upto 40mph, switch engine off, let it roll for a mile or so lol) , and get it to a mates house ready for when I can move it on.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  13. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Sorry to read about that Nick - hope you get it sorted asap mate

14. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I hope it'll be sorted pretty quick. I'll know soon enough I fancy.

Will probably have to scrub my name of that RR day though. Just don't think I'll get it done that quickly. If it is, I might pop up anyway to say Hi etc, but if my provisional place for it is still there, its only fair to scrub it off and give someone else the chance.

On the plus side, the traffic wombles had no problems with me driving it down the hard shoulder to get it off the motorway, infact positively encouraged me. They stopped the inside lane to let me past the van that had ****ed a BMW up the **** half a mile on from my accident (and what I suspect triggered our coming together).:thumbup:

15. Aphex Forum Junkie

Bigger, better, redder?

If I did that it'd probably sit in the garage for about a year not getting any love :lol:

16. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Well, The dirty Rascal has done it again.

Told me that the car was FUBAR'd last Monday and that there was little hope in fixing it. So today, off I go fearing the worst that today I would be going do to strip it and start looking for a new shell.

And the Reality? :(

I was greated by this:

[​IMG]

The little git had duped me. [:D] In truth, last week without my knowledge or intruction, 3 very good friends had taken a few hours of there time to take it apart, assess the damage and straighten out all the bits that could be straighted!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The most amazing part?

In the first picture, that is the original bonnet!

From this:

[​IMG]

Somehow to this:

[​IMG]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The panels aren't perfectly straight by any stretch of the imagination, butthe cars straight and will go again so I can be pretty certian of my attendance in a driving capacity at the August 'Ring Trip.

I just need to be on the look out for Front Panel Lights and grill, A front Wing, a front bumper and a Mk3 Rad and Fans, and off I will be able to go!

A very Happy day!

[:D] [:D] [:D][:D] [:D] [:D][:D] [:D] [:D]

Oh, and had another piece of the VR6 Track car jigsaw arrived for me this week. A nice brand new Diff from the states.

While the front end is off/Smashed I'll probably whip the engien and box out and fit that too!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

I once again need to pay a massive thank you to the guys that have been helping me out. I don't think I could ever thank them enough tbh!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  17. Jay 16V Forum Member

hello mate , you have so very good friends indeed. I have a Tornado bonnet and a front panel , think its off a 89 gti?? , any good to yu?:) P.M me if so

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  18. olliemk2 Forum Member

nice one mate, glad your nearly all fixed up! was gutted when i seen you'd had a bump, real pleased for you!:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

19. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Duped!!! ha ha ha, my mate does it to me every year when I have my MOT done.

Faithless has a rad and fans for sale.

20. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

cool , while the engine is out a slap on a big hair dryer too:lol: