Bmw E30 M3 Throttle Bodies

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Brookster, Feb 12, 2008.

1. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Thought they were slides for a reason. Any pics? Sounds a good option if the money is reasonable. Would you need more than 46mm for your project then?

2. TrackCab16v Forum Member

3. TrackCab16v Forum Member

4. TrackCab16v Forum Member

5. TrackCab16v Forum Member

struggling a bit guys getting photos to link on properly
    ther not in order but givs you some idear on whats going on

6. TrackCab16v Forum Member

only cut the end which meet the manifold , 46 mm should be fine ,

ther not a resonable money option no more , any thing e30 m3 is now megga expensive and hard to get , bought these a few years ago , but i have herd from any one that have used them that they are quality piece of kit, proberbly gona kill the m3 die hard club guys seeing them disected to fit a golf lol lollol
    will try and get some better pics when ther finished , need to get the holes welded up next

my lad kev is in the process of going nissan pulsa boddies ,easier to get, and manifold plates available for both ends too,
    conversion is working out well so far , not expensive either

7. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

m3 die hard club guys lollol

Looks good so far Paul. What butterfly to valve distance did you go for?

Pulsar bodies is a good choice but a bit on the small side though at iirc 43mm? if the spec is good ? They come with a plenum too :thumb up: where are the manifold plates available from?

8. TrackCab16v Forum Member

distance from centre of valve stem to centre of closed butter fly is about 265 mm .

the pulsa boddies that we have , are defo 45 to 46 mm diametre , almost same as bmw ones , my son got plates from ebay some wher , much closer fit than the m3 , ones , but they are designed fo forced induction so the air path is not so straight

9. TrackCab16v Forum Member

distance from centre of valve stem to centre of closed butter fly is about 265 mm .

the pulsa boddies that we have , are defo 45 to 46 mm diametre , almost same as bmw ones , my son got plates from ebay some wher , much closer fit than the m3 , ones , but they are designed fo forced induction so the air path is not so straight

10. TrackCab16v Forum Member

made some progress over the xmas , finished all porting to boddies , had all the holes that i cut through welded back up [:x]

any suggestions on the front water outlet on head , its now wrong angle to clear the frame work of boddies , might have to be a cut and shut jobbie [:s]

11. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Pictures would help Paul,

Guessing you have a KR outlet on there? ABF item may do the trick

12. TrackCab16v Forum Member

hi ben

they all seem to angle left or right ,and the pipe on the out let is hitting the throttle boddie frame work , m3 ones are a kinda square on the back , think if the outlet pipe was straight it would be ok , think its gona be a cut and weld job .

13. TrackCab16v Forum Member

cheers murph and wasell , for the links both available off shelf , ,.:thumbup:,

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

e36 itbs are in three pairs, im sure they must be relatively cheap seeing as so many are being broken

15. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

Don't know if it helps but Roland manifolds in South Africa do a number of manifolds for VW 8v, 16v and 20v with options to take Toyota throttle bodies (I think), all off the shelf. Not sure if they are the same mountings, they have a 4 hole mounting plate.

I've got one o their 8v crossflow manifolds and they look to be good quality.

16. TrackCab16v Forum Member

e36 are mucho different to e30 4 pot ones , e36 are short and stubbie , e 30 have quite long runner,s , e30 stuff now very expensive . throttle boddies and manifold all sorted just need different water outlet flange .

17. TrackCab16v Forum Member

hi tony
    ive herd good vibes about them to ,but i got the bmw to vw all fitting nice now viar a brian garvey custome cast manifold , managed to cut a few holes in both ,but got them all welded back up and happy with end result ,prob being was the trangle water flange now exiting at wrong angle and fowling the bm manifold , custome straight one are avaiable off shelf, so i will try and modifie a original but if that fails i will have to part with some cash and buy a proper one ,

cheers for the replys ....

18. Mike_H Forum Addict

Will get that Alloy water flange on the way to you in the next day or two. :thumbup:

19. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

How so Prof? My GSXR ones open like any normal car TB I've seen?

20. Mike_H Forum Addict

Hi Paul - tried to fix those links for you but it's not working. Do you have tagged links on the postimage site?

Edit: Did some testing on that for ya....

Right... when using postimage.org, use the Insert Image option from our forum (see the toolbar just above the box you're typing the text into), and paste the 'Direct Link' that's highlighted on the screen shot below.

Looks like you've used the link above the one I've highlighted in blue.

[IMG]http://s20.postimage.org/h2qvjjq5p/Screen_Shot_2013_01_08_at_10_00_55.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013