Bored withVW’s, fancy a change

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, Oct 31, 2005.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

here we go again!!

Just realised the other day that the mk4 is in fact apretty dull car. I'm bored with it's performance already (265bhp!) and to me it now seems just like "a car" and not very special at all, unlike my mk2 vr6 and corrado r32 was (despite it never being finished).

Should I sell it and go back to the corrado? it'd be a quick fix to clear my debts I guess, and I could always keep the lupo as a run around until the corrado is ready.

Fecking winter, it alwasy messes my head up and I can never decide what to do with myself.
    Edited by: PhatVR6

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

You cant decide what to do in the summer let alone winter Paul. :lol: Just do what you want, the Mk4 is fettled as much as you want, and you arent happy unless you are fettling.

3. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Do it. The corrado is to good and too unique to sell. Clear your debts and enjoy the corrado.

4. wolfsburg85 Forum Member

sell the mk4 and get that 'raddo finished:thumbup:

5. MrBen Forum Junkie

I thought the Mk4 was supposed to be sensible, as the modded cars were too annoying day to day?!

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

:lol: FFS Paul,what you need is a motorbike, oh hang on.. [:s]

7. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

You know you want to finish the corrado off.

How much was there left to do?

8. vrbanana Forum Junkie

you sure youre not part female..... the part that changes there mind every two minuets ????? :lol:

sell the MK4, turbo the Corrado and make it more friendly and comfortable for the road and build the orange one into a very very uncomfortable track car... easy

9. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

There's an orange one?

10. sportline Forum Junkie

you were saying you hated modded cars a few months ago.
    honestly try a different aproach to cars. go for something exotic, that you couldnt mod if you wanted to, and is a pleasure to just look at. You just seem to get bored of speed and power from what ive read, so choose cars that wont bore you.

i'm thinking. porshe 911, an oldish one for around 10k, not mental fast but such a pleasure to be in and own, how would anyone get bored. or a lotus elise, exhilerating whether its quick or not. or tvr, certainly keep you busy with the tools.
    obviously i dont know what you like so these are just suggestions but vw's obviously bore you and you must spend massive amounts of cash by the looks of it so owning say a porsche isnt gonna be alot diferent is it?

11. Admin Guest

you don't know about the orange one?????

12. vrbanana Forum Junkie

wheres he been for the last....what 8 years?? [:s] [:s]

13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Hmmm, there's a lotus elise in the breakers yard that need a new front nose cone......I could sell the mk4 and buy that!

Going turbo 24v on the mk2, don't need it on the corrado too.

Grrr, this is really bugging me now.

14. Admin Guest

would you not get bored with that in a couple of months time?

15. sportline Forum Junkie

if you dont enjoy modding them then dont bother, theres no point doing it for other peoples benefit. from your posts in the past id say modding cars get you down and boring cars bore you. same as me tbh.
    get shot of evrything and get that elise fixed up. how much could you get the elise for out of interest?

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

just as a reminder.

The mk4 is a 5doorR32'd 4motion with full black recaro leather, BBS LM's (and black R32 wheels). Lovely car, nice to drive, but does 23mpg on my run to work, which is a complete joke.

[​IMG]

Corrado is a 1994 which I've converted to 4wd with a vr6 syncro system and an R32 engine. With full beige leather recaro trim.

[​IMG]

Corrado was crap as a daily car. because i'd rushed certin areas of it it was unreliable and horrible to drive, even though it was bloody quick.

I know I've got to finish it off to sell it, and to sell it I have to get it back on the road and live with it for a few months to take it to some shows and stuff.

Will it ever be as useable as the mk4?

17. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

No, but thats because it is a sports coupe and the Mk4 is a five door hatch

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

oh, and the old orange mk2 vr6 one for those who don't remember it.

now a bare shell with no bonnet, glass, interior, engine, or anything really! sat on a traolly under my car port awaiting resurection once I've sorted myself a daily car and sold off everything else.

[​IMG]

19. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

That's yours!

20. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

yes, hasn't been on the road for 4 years now. [​IMG]

long term project. i got bored with that too and got sidelined into building another mk2 vr6, the corrado, and 2 other mk2 vr6's for friends, oh, and a certain mk2 8v turbo The Golf cover carthat's long overdue an overhaul too.

Is the mk4 just too much money to have in a daily car? than again, I suppose I've got about the same in the corrado.